Coolest creatures you've seen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Wetvet, where did you see those batfish? Those are wild looking.

P.S. I like your tag line...I agree with it all aside from the Maple Leafs part:mooner:

The red-lipped batfish can be found in Cocos. Definitely on the shortlist. My oddest sighting was a 7 foot Giant Guitarfish in Truk.

Two adult humpback whales and a calf at Roca Partida

I'd have to say the coolest things I've seen have been a whale shark, a school of spotted eagle rays and a partridge tun.
SlideShow%20074.jpg
SlideShow%20074.jpg

The coolest things I've run into?

The humpback whale that checked us out off Lanai was pretty cool. The monk seal that spent about twenty minutes with us the other day off Maui was also amazing and fascinating. The ENORMOUS Giant Pacific Octopus that crawled out from under the Honey Bear one night and sat directly beneath me, glaring at us, for several minutes before slithering off into the darkness gave me goosebumps.

On my wish list? I'd love to see a Manta -- I really enjoy all sorts of rays and skates. A Zebra moray would be cool, too. And I still want to find a Puget Sound King Crab!

I have a Portuguese friend and when he found out they changed the name he said what about the Portuguese man of war.

Hahaha... Damn, I need to make another cup of coffee since the first cup is now all over my monitor... now that was too funny!

1. Mola mola -- sighted in Seattle
2. Any kind of octopus

I'm fascinated by sea cucumbers. I don't know why since they don't really do much and aren't what most people would call cute, but I love 'em. I have tons of pictures of them and even have one set as my wallpaper.

--Shannon

Cuke Face

The coolest creature I've seen is probably either a Pacific Electric Ray going through his morning stretches and warmups, or maybe a giant school of Yellowtail off of Catalina, or maybe the little Sea Horse Jenny showed Jaye and I years ago in FL, or maybe the opening minute of the 2007 Squid Run.

Probably the squid, as its a moment in time that only Chica and I were there for, and it was pretty unforgettable.

The Squid. That's my answer and I'm sticking with it.

Ken

It could be the 22 minutes we spend with a GSB last year. That was pretty cool, too.

Heck - its all great down there.

Sea Cucumbers... love what the Palauans do... Squeeze that milky gunk from sea cucumbers to cover their feet for walking on sharp coral...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom