Cost for master diver course.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

luscioman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am planning on taking my master diver next week and wanted too see the avg cost.
Thanks

no such thing..if you mean earning a master diver certification you need rescue and 5 specialties. Depending on what specialties chosen and what the instr charges for each.
If you mean Dive master then anywhere from $500+ for the course plus books-about $450. plus possible elearning plus possible boat dive fee.

Same thoughts as Oly5050... It all depends on the specialties you take with regards to the cost. Some will have more dives than others (such as Enriched Air - no dives required). It would be best if you decide what specialties you want to take and then price out from there? Here in SoCal, one of our shops often does a buy four-get-one-free deal which is very helpful. But, again, it's price dependent on what you do.

perhaps he is not going the PADI master diver route, but taking an actual Master Diver Course from, say, a NAUI Instructor?

Or SEI Instructor. :wink:.

If that's the case mine starts at $500. And takes more than a week. Additional costs depend on location, travel, equipment rental, quarry entry fees, boat fees, air and nitrox fills.

Plus they need to have completed Rescue Diver and my AOW class. Also requires fresh and saltwater dives plus free diving skills.

Profile shows PADI and SSI. Hopefully the OP will clarify what and with whom so that the question can get an "apple to apple" response.

Master Diver is free as long as you are a Navy Diver and a Chief Petty Officer, among other qualifications.
Is it me or does just about everyone who begins a post about Master Scuba Diver refer to it as Master Diver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My NAUI MSD was ~$450 - $500 with two charters, quarry fees & air/nitrox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom