Cost of gear summary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One should never total up this sort of thing. One's spouse might see it and start shopping for shoes/dresses. Cars and scuba gear are two things one should never disclose price.

My wife and son dive as much as I do we have a 10 x 12 work shop dedicated just to our scuba gear! It would take me took long to make a list of what we have.

I spend so much on diving every week, that I should have a separate budget for it. But I don't. I have to schedule deliveries when my wife is not home.:)

There is a thread on SB that have people confessing to how many tanks they have. I can't look for it now.

I've probably spent about that on equipment--maybe a bit more, but that's over 13 years. We are just finishing a 3 month process of moving and I was amazed at how many snorkels I've collected (only bought 2, my one for OW course and my foldable one, which I rarely use now anyway). But I must've FOUND about 20! Of course that covers my decades of snorkeling before scuba course as well.

I am planning to buy the last parts of the gear:
1) Save a dive kit: I plan to make a DIY kit
2) First aid kit: will make a DIY kit
3) Knife/line cutter: considering this one
Xray scuba Linecutter Sharp Cut With Ceramic Blade comprare e offerta su Scubastore
4) SMB: this one (in Italy the SMB is compulsory by law for every diver)
Cressi Buoy Deco Pro comprare e offerta su Scubastore
5) Spool: this one or similar
Seacsub Spool Reel comprare e offerta su Scubastore
6) Primary torch: will rent
7) Secondary torch: Turnraise
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01MXV1E57/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
8) Secondary torch batteries and charger: re-use Amazon AAA batteries and charger
9) Bag: plain gym bag
10) Lead weights: will buy second hand

Last edited:
One should never total up this sort of thing

I had to for insurance purposes, it was very scary, but at least if anything is stolen or the house burns down I should get the true value back, especially with the camera gear :eek:

Well, except for the snorkels, you have managed to keep things reasonably in hand. Now the trick is to not get sucked into reading too much on SB
about new neat stuff, or the different ways to set up your regs (you will have to buy every length of high and low pressure hose out there to try), or better BCDs or BP&Ws, regs, fins (heavy, light, fastest back finning, color, etc.), AI computers, dry suits (you need one no matter the water temp), etc., you get the idea. I've got a lot of stuff I thought I needed and don't.

Well, the Zombie Apocalypse IS coming, I plan to be ready! :)

There is a thread on SB that have people confessing to how many tanks they have. I can't look for it now.
I own 4 tanks, but didn't including how I got them (cheap) or the two I've sold, since the OP didn't include tanks. But net total cost may be around $315 CAD ($250 US). All but a new steel120 were bought used and one steel 72 was given to me (from 1976, air still in it--no, I didn't breathe it).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom