Recommendations on dive log book with Shearwater Teric/Cloud?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TampaDiver68

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I do not carry a log book- instead I keep an Excel spreadsheet back at home, which I update periodically from my computer. I have about 100 dives on Shearwater Cloud for which all of the relevant details have been entered by hand (dive site, environment, equipment, etc), which I would like to get into my dive log spreadsheet. I cannot find a way to download just the basics to CSV- I either get a huge amount of scientific date, And using the summary doesn't provide any of the information I have entered by hand.

Is there a way to accomplish what I am trying to do? Or a better way to do this?

I do not carry a log book- instead I keep an Excel spreadsheet back at home, which I update periodically from my computer. I have about 100 dives on Shearwater Cloud for which all of the relevant details have been entered by hand (dive site, environment, equipment, etc), which I would like to get into my dive log spreadsheet. I cannot find a way to download just the basics to CSV- I either get a huge amount of scientific date, And using the summary doesn't provide any of the information I have entered by hand.

Is there a way to accomplish what I am trying to do? Or a better way to do this?
If I understand correctly....
Just get the complete CSV, but do not import it all to your spreadsheet...just those columns you want.

The complete CSV provides the raw computer data at 10 second intervals for each dive. It doesn't have any of the user-provided information either.

I too use a spreadsheet as my primary dive log. I have all 800 of my dives over the past 19 years across many different computers logged there. I maintain it manually. I have not found a way to export out of Shearwater Cloud the equivalent of 1-row per dive with all of the fields I want. Instead, I just maintain my spreadsheet over time. My process of logging a day's or a weekend's dives essentially entails making updates to this spreadsheet.

I too use a spreadsheet as my primary dive log. I have all 800 of my dives over the past 19 years across many different computers logged there. I maintain it manually. I have not found a way to export out of Shearwater Cloud the equivalent of 1-row per dive with all of the fields I want. Instead, I just maintain my spreadsheet over time. My process of logging a day's or a weekend's dives essentially entails making updates to this spreadsheet.
Same here- I find it odd that the CSV and CSV summary only includes "computer data." The print to PDF option shows the requested information, but it is back to old-school dive log page format.

I decided to brute-force things. It looks the Shearwater desktop app operates off a local SQLite database. I used a SQLite database browser (Downloads - DB Browser for SQLite) to open it, found the correct table, and exported it to CSV. Then cut-paste columns from here into spreadsheet. So I will continue to update data on the Shearwater app while on trips (through iPad), then sync iPad with cloud, then sync Cloud with desktop app, then update dive log spreadsheet once back at home base.

The ‘better way’ is to use MacDive and have all your downloaded data displayed beautifully, plus automatic calculation of average depth and RMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom