Cost of your course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Costs were $250.00 for seven classes with six pool sessions, four OW dives at a semi-local dive spot (about 110 mile drive). Included book, divelog and equipment for dives minus personal stuff like: mask, snorkel and fins.
We had to spring for the hotel and food, but I thought it was very reasonable.

I'm paying $435.00 for my OW training. This is one-on-one, with zippered log book, training software, RDP, T-Shirt (I like T-Shirts.), all gear provided during classes, and a free full equipment rental for my first equipment rental if I pass the course.

Because I need to do my OW dives from a boat, I'll need to pay boat fees, but my instructor has a buddy who lives around Hoods Canal who owns a wheelchair friendly boat.

SSI OW $250. You provide your own mask, snorkle, fins, booties, gloves and compass.

We paid $478 for two people. Included two one hour classes, two 2 1/2 hour pool sessions, book, cd-rom, air, and all equipment rentals.

$335.00 for Basic Open Water. This includes the four check out dives and one night hotel. It does not includes personal equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, & booties). It does include all scuba gear, tank fills, 5 class sessions and 4 pool sessions.

Jarhead

twoDivers once bubbled...
We paid $478 for two people. Included two one hour classes, two 2 1/2 hour pool sessions, book, cd-rom, air, and all equipment rentals.

Just curious. Did you get a OW c-card with this course or was this an experience program like "Scuba Diver."

I think i paid 40.00 US almost 25 years ago. Any economists out there who can tell me what that is in todays dollars?

I charge $300.00 US if pool is not needed for confined water training. Cost varies per student if pool is needed for CW. Have had to charge as high as 450 to cover pool costs for individual students.

OW cost includes everything but mask, fins & snorkel.

GBP250 (normally GBP280 but there were two of us so a small discount) - this included everything inc. book and equip hire. We were encouraged to by mask, fins, booties and snorkel - encouraged but not forced.

Jonathan

Mine was either $150 or $160. The only thing I got was a book. I bought my own mask, fins, snorkle, etc. I got more practice time though because I had a key to the pool and my instructor was awesome. He would come to the pool extra days for us!

Back
Top Bottom