Cost of your course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Local Dive Shops in Winnipeg charge $400.00 CDN (or $1.75 US) for the OW course. (+ or - $20.00) They supply all gear, full PADI OW package (book, binder style log book, tables etc.) and all pool and OW dives. All you need is your swim suit, and $400.00 dollars. If you have trouble with some skills, they will work with you for up to one year, and help you get certified. All transportation is your responsibility, the OW dives are done at a lake that is 2 hours from the city.

gedunk once bubbled...

Just curious. Did you get a OW c-card with this course or was this an experience program like "Scuba Diver."

This did not include the ow c-card. This was just for the class and confined dive portions of the course. We are going to have to pay an additional 200 bucks to do the ow check-out dives. So our total payout for two people will be $678.

twoDivers once bubbled...

This did not include the ow c-card. This was just for the class and confined dive portions of the course. We are going to have to pay an additional 200 bucks to do the ow check-out dives. So our total payout for two people will be $678.

That for what you paid for your courses you two should be pretty satisfied. Do you feel you got good value?

Diversauras once bubbled...

That for what you paid for your courses you two should be pretty satisfied. Do you feel you got good value?

I don't know. I didn't get as much pool time as I would have liked, but I got all of the skills on the first try so I don't think I really needed to be in there any longer. They also didn't have us wearing wetsuits so I don't know what to expect when we do our check-out dives this weekend. Overall there were some things that were left out of the classes, but I passed with flying colors and I loved every minute of it.

You should probably debrief your instructor in some detail. I'd guess he/she tried to give both what you needed and what you expected. He/she may benifit from knowing that even tho you got it right the first time, that you would have liked to do it again, maybe two or three times. There is a difference between beng able to perform a skill and being comfortable doing it.

Most of us want to improve the product we sell or give, and the best way to know where we let someone down is for that person to tell us.

Back
Top Bottom