Costa Club in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone has their favorites when it comes to Cozumel.
I have an friend that is an instructor, and she will only dive with Dive Paradise. She uses them every time she goes!
I have not used them, yet. Aqua Safari is now my preferred operator. But I have used many others without any problems.
I think when you're in Cozumel the diving is so fantastic you can't go too wrong.
Have fun and take pictures!
:sunny:

I loved Cozumel (the diving), but the Costa Club is a place that I will not return to. Lame service, rooms are spartan, food is outright bad. The only thing going for the place is the fact they have one of the Dive Paradise shops about 15 yards from the lobby (just across the street). Yes, its cheap, but if after a long day of diving you are looking for some relaxation and good service, the Costa just doesnt have that. I heard the Hotel Presidente is the place to stay, I will stay there on my next trip and report.

Gaucho, amigo,

While El Presidente is a fine hotel--part of the Intercontinental Hotel chain--you do not need to stress the bank account that much!

My advice--given at no additional cost--is to go down the road to the Fiesta Americana. It is a divers' resort with comfortable beds, good service, a couple of nice pools and, ta ta, a dive shop right on the premises. The dive shop is called the Dive House and is just fine. You can even get a deal by using Island Dreams, a travel agency located in Houston, but reachable on the internet.

If you prefer to use a smaller dive house, one with six packs, there are several available and they well pick you up right at the dock at the Fiesta.

Coz is such a great place, that I hate to see someone have a bad experience there. Now, I will confess that Barbara and I are somewhat of the sybarite class and a like things more on the luxurious side than many other folks--and we found the Fiesta Americana just fine.

Also, you have gotta go to the French Quarter for a meal or two...spendid food and a good wine list. Gaucho, your bolo just wrapped around the wrong appendage--try again and aim a little higher.

Oh, one more thing--the outdoor bar/restaurant at El Presidente has great guacamole and something called lime soup...give 'em a try! We often traipse down to El Presidente and have that for lunch.

Joewr

Thanks for the advice. I normally get into details of travel planning myself, but this time someone else in our party did this....

What in the world is a bolo....??????? And also, who is Charlie Brown...?????

Gaucho,

Somewhere in cyberspace there is a note I sent you when you asked once before, "What is a bolo?" And the answer was that it is the gadget real guachos in Argentina use instead of a lasso. It is a made of rope, has three "legs" with weights on the ends, and is twirled around the gaucho's head and tossed in the direction of the steer that he wants to capture. Upon hitting the steer on the legs, it wraps around the legs and trips the beast.

Now you can interpret my sentence.

"Charlie Brown"? Come on, are you pulling my leg? I suppose you never heard of the late Charles Schultz? Or of Peanuts? Or Lucy? Or Pigpen? Or Snoopy?

Gaucho, you gotta stop looking at the financial pages for a while. I mean P/E and IROR are interesting, but not all that interesting!

Now back to diving....

Joewr (the pedagog)

Joe, I agree with you.... We that live in Cozumel like the Costa Club pool, but I wont eat there. I don't really like the food there, President is one the best that we have. Fiesta Americana is pretty good, I like the restaurant being on the shore, plus Dzul-ha Reef is near, so is nice to snorkel and do beach diving from there. Now you are'll talkind of resorts on the south area, We have good one's to the North too. The Cozumeleño is a nice hotel, you can pick from All Inclusive or European Plan. Other new hotel and that's in downtown will be the Casa Mexicana, rack rates are around $155 US per person with buffet breakfasr included. Plaza Las Glorias is also nice. Food is not so bad, and I've heard rooms are big.
Joewr, I will love to eat at the French Quarter, Where is it? and you should try one time diving with us. You'll love us too....

HI Guys,

Actually, Island Dreams in Houston does have a website with information about their services and you can even request a price quote for your trip.

You can get the the Island Dreams website here

Cheers,

LadyDiver,

And thou art, indeed, a Lady! Thanks. As usual you swim in right on cue with the vitals. I do believe you have sufficient miracles to start sainthood in motion. Is there a a patron saint of diving or the internet. I think you should get to choose.

Joewr

Joewr,

Thanks a million but I hardly qualify. I just happen to have the best resources right at my finger tips.

Stick with me kid, and you will learn all kinds of good stuff.

hehe

Cheers,

how about royalty? Since you are a Lady, we could call you "Ladygodiver".

And I will stick around. Do you remember the movie, HUD? Well, Paul Newman said in that movie, "Stick with me, kid. There'll be plenty of coins rattlin' around in your jeans." My jeans are ready--as is my wet suit.

Joewr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom