Costa Maya vs Cozumel vs a Submarine ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justarius

Reaction score
Greetings from a newbie! Both to the board and to diving :D
I got my PADI Open Water a year ago but I haven't been diving since the 2 certification dives (1 shore and 1 boat) due to relocating cross country.

Things are looking up however and I'm taking a Caribbean cruise for a friend's wedding in 2 weeks! I would really love to dive. The ship stops at both Grand Cayman and Cozumel for 1 day each. I'm the only person in my group who will be diving and I have zero interest in booking with the Cruise's dive package.

Based on how things are shaping up it looks like I will have time for diving at only one location and going on the Atlantis Adventures submarine dealy at whichever location I don't dive. I know, I know, going in a submarine when I can scuba dive sounds silly but I hear it's good and the bride/groom are insisting. They have given me the choice of which location I dive and which we all do the submarine. So between Cozumel and Grand Cayman, any advice? And if so, any advice on who to dive with would also be appreciated. I am taking a Scuba Review course before heading down.

The Grand Cayman stop is 8 hours (minus tender time to and from the boat) and the Cozumel stop is 12 hours.

Thanks for your time,

Anthony

Dive in Cozumel without question. More time to dive and a better dive experience IMHO. Aldora Divers is a bit pricey but they cater to cruise divers and I have never, ever had anything but a great experience with them. Good luck!

I have done that itinerary twice and dived at both G.C. and Coz on both cruises. In GC, recommend Neptune's Divers. They're an absolutely first class operation and you can easily work it into the cruise ship schedule. Owner is caymancasey on this board.

In Coz, I dove with Alison Dennis (scubawithalison.com). Worked well to take taxi to the marina and do two tanks and then get back to ship easily. She's reasonably priced and a first class operation.

Diving at both locations is good. I would give a slight edge to Coz, but either dive is worth doing. Why not dive both locations?

Rich

Back
Top Bottom