Couple of questions about Apeks regs...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An advantage of living in the centre of England, 3 hour drive east or west and I hit the coast, 4 hour drive South and I hit the coast, 5 hour drive North and I'm in Scotland. Any Dive centre in England is local for me :D. Cheers for the help guys, it's been real helpful, I'm heading North tomorrow to one of many LDS to get my reg, I'll talk to the guys there as well. Cheers dudes.

I don't understand why Apeks would make a regulator of less quality for a different part of the world--that's just bad business and depending on the degredation in quality could lead to someone's death. That's DEFINITELY bad business.

To be honest, in my experience most things made in Japan are usually made to much more exacting standards than things here in the US.

Just wanted to say cheers to everyone that posted, I went to a dive shop and bought the XTX 50 model, going North next week again to try it out :)

SparticleBrane:
I don't understand why Apeks would make a regulator of less quality for a different part of the world--that's just bad business and depending on the degredation in quality could lead to someone's death. That's DEFINITELY bad business.

To be honest, in my experience most things made in Japan are usually made to much more exacting standards than things here in the US.

Not to mention that would be incredibly offensive to do something like that.

"We'll give the Yanks and the Brits the good merchandise and make the Asians buy all the shoddy ones so they'll die!"

I don't buy that idea. Unless of course the implication is that online gear is a knock-off imitation out of a Chinese factory. I don't think it is. Most gear comes from a Chinese factory anyhow. Authorized dealer or no, warranty or no, you should be getting the actual article.

Regs sold in the EU required the cracking resistance to be higher to meet EU standards. They still are very easy to breathe and there is supposedly some incorporated micro adjuster within the breathing resistance control knob to lower the cracking resistance.

I bought mine from Europe (I live in Australia) and think the regs (XTX100 + XTX40 backup) are awesome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom