Cousteau Films?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a copy of The Silent World from an eBay seller in the UK. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be in a format my DVD can read :( So caveat emptor if you go that route.

I just pre-ordered a 6 dvd set called, Cousteau odyssey, a complete series. which has all 12 televised shows. It's from wall-mart ( go figure) the price was 50 bucks, including tax and a buck for shipping...hurry! I can't wait to see those old films again, I hope it wont be dissapointing, have you re-watched some of those old scary Vincent Price movies lately? Some are not so scary or neat anymore..

Um. Wow, really?! I am off to search Walmart.com. Thanks so much for the tip.

orangelemon:
If anyone wants a copy of Cousteau's The Silent World I am the distributer in the UK and feel free to contact myself for details of this DVD

James

orangeslemons@hotmail.com
Hummm... I really want this video, but, can we have some more info, please? Name of company, web site, etc. With the number of hotmail scams around, you can understand why I ask.

The dvd are region 2 (Europe) so you will need a multi-region player to play these, if you havent got a multi region player I can possibly get region free disks that play on any dvd player in world. My company hasnt go its own website ! we are only just starting and are not established yet, if you would feel safer I can sell them via any auction sites with the added benefit of paying via paypal / nochex. I have perfect 100% feedback scores and will be happy to answer further questions. I will post the dvds as I get them available but currently I have copies of 'The Silent World' and can send clips or screenshots to anyone interested (please email if interested)

James
orangeslemons@hotmail.com

Rick Inman:
Hummm... I really want this video, but, can we have some more info, please? Name of company, web site, etc. With the number of hotmail scams around, you can understand why I ask.

I second your motion.

orangelemon:
... My company hasnt go its own website ! we are only just starting and are not established yet.....currently I have copies of 'The Silent World' and can send clips or screenshots to anyone interested.

Call me a cynic. Why would a brand new startup get distribution rights for a movie whose demand has to be in the hundreds, world-wide, at best? They already have copies of this movie yet don't have a website to sell them?

Something smells funny.

Man am I glad somone posted this. I was just about to order the silent world from ebay (the GB one) Id have been pissed when I plugged them in and they wouldn't read.

Otter:
Call me a cynic. Why would a brand new startup get distribution rights for a movie whose demand has to be in the hundreds, world-wide, at best? They already have copies of this movie yet don't have a website to sell them?

Something smells funny.

Maybe caution is common sense. Our community does not know this new poster.

I'm sure orangeslemons can assures us of his/her bona fides if he/she is legitimate.

I just spend a month trying to quell a phishing fraud that relied on identity theft of two of my people and an internationally renowned benevolent association. This kind of thing is too easy these days and government sponsored law enforcement offers no meaningful help--they can't keep up with the volume. It is almost entirely up to us, as intelligent consumers, to be selectively cynical.

Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom