Coz Electric Outlet Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take at least one extension cord with multiple outlets if you have much to charge, and something I always forget to pack for Coz: light bulbs. They seem to all be into the low wattage bulbs. I forgot again last week. Take 2 or 3 - 75 watt output bulbs - maybe hard bulbs like used in drop lights, or 18 watt compact fluorescent?

DandyDon:
Take at least one extension cord with multiple outlets if you have much to charge, and something I always forget to pack for Coz: light bulbs.

Wow... I was with you on the extension cord... I usually travel with one since power outlets are never where you want one, and if your devices are 110/220V, you can take one plug adapter, and not have to use a plug adapter on anything else you bring with you (obviously not an issue in Cozumel, but useful elsewhere).

But light bulbs? Are the hotels really that dim? Are you spending that much time in the hotel? Don't they sell light bulbs locally? Won't you end up with lots of little bits of glass when you're done flying them there, or at least, broken filaments?

But light bulbs? Are the hotels really that dim? Are you spending that much time in the hotel? Don't they sell light bulbs locally? Won't you end up with lots of little bits of glass when you're done flying them there, or at least, broken filaments?
I never see anyone else complain, so maybe its' just me. They do use dim bulbs tho. I borrowed an extra lamp from the hotel lobby last week and often take the shades off.

Most divers are challenged by weight limits on luggage. 2 or 3 bulbs and bubble wrap weigh what - 8 oz? There are seldom stores close to hotels, certainly not south end resorts, and who wants to shop for bulbs there?

But I did say "...maybe hard bulbs like used in drop lights, or 18 watt compact fluorescent?" Do you know what a drop light bulb is? Or the CFB doesn't have filament. But again, maybe it's just me....?? :silly:

You can get a couple of these
http://www.radioshack.com/sm-3-prong...i-2104010.html
$4.99 for 2 and then a lil grinding to make them equal in width and your set.
Groceries have them cheaper, I think, but - yeah, always carry one, used it in the airport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom