Coz in July/ Flying into Cancun??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I can tell there are no direct flights from Chicago to Cozumel since UAL stopped because of Wilma. I think a lot more divers are going to be doing the Cancun flights.

I've done it several times; it's no biggie. The worst part is getting through the long customs line in Cancun. No wait, maybe the worst part is having to take the 7:00 AM ferry to get back to Cancun on departure date. (Hint; book your return flight for the afternoon) Actually, another worst part is running the gauntlet of shakedown artists in PDC with all your dive gear. I'm sure there's a way to avoid that, but I'm apparently not smart enough to have figured it out yet.

Anyhow, other than those worst parts, it's fine! I would figure 3 hours from the time you land to the time you're on the island; 1 hour in customs, 1 hour for waiting and riding the bus to PDC, and another hour to catch and ride the ferry. That's what it always seems to take for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom