Coz. pics.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn, you made some really nice points. I'm not going to give up on Coz, but I'm a little disappointed that it has changed. I'm normally not a negative person, but this last Hurricane destroyed some really nice dives. I too was a Cozoholic until I visted Turks and Caicos. I then realized there are tons of nice places to dive and yes, some better than Coz Pre Hurricane. I don't want to limit myself to one place, but I will return.

robbcayman:
ggunn, you made some really nice points. I'm not going to give up on Coz, but I'm a little disappointed that it has changed.

Well, yes. Would I prefer that Wilma had never happened? Of course.

robbcayman:
ggunn, you made some really nice points. I'm not going to give up on Coz, but I'm a little disappointed that it has changed. I'm normally not a negative person, but this last Hurricane destroyed some really nice dives. I too was a Cozoholic until I visted Turks and Caicos. I then realized there are tons of nice places to dive and yes, some better than Coz Pre Hurricane. I don't want to limit myself to one place, but I will return.

There are lots of great dive destinations. I've been going to Cozumel and Akumal more then anywhere else the past few years. I have been other places with amazing diving and continue to visit other places, but, Cozumel is the best dive vacation destination for me. I know I'll get great diving, nice people, great restaurants and just an overall very relaxing and enjoyable trip. It's relatively affordable and easy to get to. If I'm going just for the diving with no regard for anything else, then there are other places that I choose before Cozumel.

sealskin98:
Without going into a long, detailed trip report (although this trip deserves one) here is a synopsis of the trip and a few photos:

We stayed at Caribe Blu and dove with Blue Angel, 7 nites and 5 days diving.

Nice report Mike. I just got back myself and will post a report when I get the chance. I'll say briefly that the diving was NOT disappointing at all. I dont know what these idiots who say the reefs are in terrible shape are talking about. We went to Maracaibo, La Francesa, Las Tortugas and the Tip of Delilah. ALL were beautiful.

I've never stayed at the Caribe Blu Mike, what's the view like?

Mawg:
I've never stayed at the Caribe Blu Mike, what's the view like?

I'm not Mike, but I was there with him, and if you click the link on my post just below his, I shot lots of topside pics around the hotel so I could talk my wife into going back soon... :D

The shots looking out over the pool into the water was from our room...spectacular view...

(Mawg, see above post)

So you don't have to scroll back for the view (Tom took better pics. of that); here's my pics. that I didn't put up any hotel shots in except for one balcony shot:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sealskin98/album?.dir=/cf55re2

And Tom's pics. with the hotel views:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/firefyter00/album?.dir=/6e41re2

Dang I need to write a detailed trip report, and just now getting the pics. adjusted and on a jump drive.

Maybe I'll get better in Roatan; Dee said she'd take me under her wing and give me some private tutoring in the realm of underwater shutterbugging. :D

Hooked4Life:
robbcayman:

You really think Cozumel reefs look that bad? Please check out my pictures and make up your mind http://www.scubastruck.com/pictures/cozumel/

Dude! There's so much sand it even on that picture of the Splendid Toadfish! Just kidding!:D Seriously great pictures Hooked4Life. I just returned from Cozumel last week (report forthcoming) and she's just as amazing as always... albeit, slightly different but still amazing.

cyclical:
Still looks better than lake diving here in Oklahoma...

we will be there July 14th-19th :D

Amen!!! :lol: I refuse to dive our crappy lakes :shakehead

robbcayman:
Amen!!! :lol: I refuse to dive our crappy lakes :shakehead
Been there done that.. viz sucks. My wife is scared of diving in the lakes because she can't see anything around her. She thinks something is going to bite her....

Yet, 2 years ago diving in the bahamas with 100+ sharks she goes and chases after one... go figure.

Back
Top Bottom