Cozumel airport to hotel transport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60:
We were there in Sept. and just went to the "loading area" where all the shuttles are and found a guy, actually he found us, but he got us on one of the shuttles, it was $20 for the both of us to La Ceiba. It was no hassle at all.
I think the fares are set by the government and it's $10 per person, no matter where you are staying.

I don't know if it's the government or the taxi union that sets the rates, but they are different for different hotel zones, same as the taxi fares. Unless it's changed since the last time I was there, of course.

What I do (after buying our transfers at the counter inside) is park my people and our stuff on the walk near the shuttles and go out where the shuttles are, tell one of the folks working there the name of my hotel, and point at my group. They converse in rapid Spanish and then point me to the van that's going there that has room for us and all our stuff. It's pretty simple.

I usually tip the driver a buck for each luggage piece he has to handle.

jawfish:
I say if you have manageable gear, take a cab both ways!

Cabs are not allowed to pickup at the airport. You could walk out to the traffic circle with your gear and a cab may or maynot pick you up.

Augustus:
Cabs are not allowed to pickup at the airport. You could walk out to the traffic circle with your gear and a cab may or maynot pick you up.

...which pretty much brings this thread around to full circle. ;^)

You can lug your gear 100 yards out to the curb, wait for a cab, save a few bucks, and a get to your hotel a whole 15 minutes earlier, or you can go with the flow, pay 10 bucks apiece (or whatever), get crammed to capacity in a shuttle, and get to your hotel to find your fellow travelers who cabbed it halfway through their first margarita. Pick yer poison.

Trust me; it's no big deal either way.

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom