Cozumel "bucket List" ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found no less than 4 at once there one day, one in each of the holes. You could actually hold back from the reef about 10-15' and see them all!!

My husband and I were on that dive with you that day. We didn't see them at all until you posted the photos here. That is why it is so memorable to me and why I want to see them "live", please. It is an amazing shot.

A large hammerhead came in close to take a look at us off of Maracaibo Wall in July of 2009. Besides that rare find, I've only seen one black tip and tons of Nurse sharks in Cozumel, so pretty much any other kind of shark would be welcome. :)

Last edited:
There are a lucky few who will tell you that the real bucket list item in Cozumel is a tour of the Sleeping Shark Caves way up north.

Dave Dillehay

Attachments

• Shark Cave.jpg
    Shark Cave.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 36
It is way past Barracuda. Takes a three tank nitro excursion with only four divers with 2 DMs.Video can be seen on our website.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

CHECK! Didn't realize how lucky I was. :)

I'd like to see a hammerhead... kind of. Sharks scare me. I realize it's irrational.
Dolphins in the water would be amazing.

But I'm happy for every turtle and eagle ray I see.

If I came upon something like that, I'd definitely kick the bucket! Wow!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom