Cozumel: cruise ship traffic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if you dont drag your anchor stupidly, and manage to get your garbage to where its supposed to go.

And dont start with Co2. You fly to your destinatiion. Personally, giving something for trees to breath, doesnt sound so bad. I dont dont buy the Co2 narrative, from people constantly on jetliners.

Enjoy your cruise ships, rising temperatures, bleached reefs, crazy weather patterns. Hope the all you can eat carnival buffet was worth it.

This will be my last post in this thread, not point debating when the other party flat out rejects science.

Enjoy your sea urchin barrens, smog, noise pollution, skunky smell, and poo covered sidewalks.

I think it's the divers realization of their own hypocrisy, that gets them so riled up. Guess ill just use the ignore button.

Enjoy your sea urchin barrens, smog, noise pollution, skunky smell, and poo covered sidewalks.

I think it's the divers realization of their own hypocrisy, that gets them so riled up. Guess ill just use the ignore button.
The fact is that human travel and amusements affect the environment; fingerpointing and wishing everyone would just stay home doesn't accomplish anything. Sound and fury, signifying nothing.

FWIW, I do not know of a single diver who has crapped on a sidewalk.

I have to wonder why you were. I just donated to food banks.
You are wondering why BRT was in Cozumel in 2020? Can't speak for BRT, but for me it was the same reasons as all the other times, with the diving and weather high on the list.

You are wondering why BRT was in Cozum in 2020? Can't speak for BRT, but for me it was the same reasons as all the other times, with the diving and weather high on the list.
When I was in Coz in summer of 20 there was nobody allowed in the ocean

When I was in Coz in summer of 20 there was nobody allowed in the ocean
That must have been when 'everything' was shut down for a couple months (silly governments!). We were there several times during the Covid times and really enjoyed our visits. It was kinda like stepping back in time; much mellower, no cruise ships, lots of divers, locals were even friendlier/happier for tourists. Seems to me like Coz is going through a hyper mode of change since the pandemic (or is it a result of the pandemic?)

When I was there in 2020 there were no shops open and restaurants were takeout only. We were the only tourists.
I am glad that most respected the emergency need for not going while people were dying all over. I just donated to food banks.

[Cozumel is too far for NY'ers to drive.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom