Cozumel: cruise ship traffic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was in Coz in summer of 20 there was nobody allowed in the ocean
What? People were diving the first part of June. I started diving on June 17th.

You yourself were posting in the this diving report thread at the time.

What? People were diving the first part of June. I started diving on June 17th.

You yourself were posting in the this diving report thread at the time.

I was posting, but not diving in Cozumel. They were talking about protocols for getting back on the boats in early June. Nobody was allowed in the water.

We closed here maybe the 3rd week in March and reopened at 30% on June 8th. During that time, curfew here went from 11pm all the way to 5pm and at reopening, I think it was 9pm.

At the height of all the madness, they even called it esential travel only - a cruise down by the ocean on a moto got you sent back home - there were checkpoints going to North and South areas. Ocean was off limits I think right up until we reopened and even after that - I remember people bitching the tourists could go to the beach but yet the locals beaches were closed.

Thank God it was only less than 3 months - there was quite a list of clandestine bars, delivery services that delivered anything, people hoarding beer. Special taxi drivers that could move around after curfew.....

We closed here maybe the 3rd week in March and reopened at 30% on June 8th. During that time, curfew here went from 11pm all the way to 5pm and at reopening, I think it was 9pm.

At the height of all the madness, they even called it esential travel only - a cruise down by the ocean on a moto got you sent back home - there were checkpoints going to North and South areas. Ocean was off limits I think right up until we reopened and even after that - I remember people bitching the tourists could go to the beach but yet the locals beaches were closed.

Thank God it was only less than 3 months - there was quite a list of clandestine bars, delivery services that delivered anything, people hoarding beer. Special taxi drivers that could move around after curfew.....
I was there till the 10th of June, Casa Mission and one restaurant on the beach would let us un towards the end of that. I got to know Memo from Aldora a little, hanging around a quiet air fill shop, and he said he should take us diving to work on protocols, but it didn't happen. Nobody was allowed in the ocean when we left Cozumel and the last day of our trip in Puerto Morelos we were kicked out of the ocean.

I was posting, but not diving in Cozumel. They were talking about protocols for getting back on the boats in early June. Nobody was allowed in the water.
Diving and swimming were open all summer, which started on June 20th in 2020.

Diving and swimming were open all summer, which started on June 20th in 2020.
"What? People were diving the first part of June. I started diving on June 17th"

June 20th, or June 17th, is not the first part of June

"What? People were diving the first part of June. I started diving on June 17th"

June 20th, or June 17th, is not the first part of June
June 8th is the 1st part of June.

But please, keep doubling down on being wrong. :funny:

June 8th is the 1st part of June.

But please, keep doubling down on being wrong. :funny:
June 8th the ocean was closed and nobody was diving. I was there, talked to Memo from Aldora, the compressors at the tank shop were silent.

As you said:"Diving and swimming were open all summer, which started on June 20th in 2020"

June 8th the ocean was closed and nobody was diving. I was there, talked to Memo from Aldora, the compressors at the tank shop were silent.

As you said:"Diving and swimming were open all summer, which started on June 20th in 2020"
Read Chuck's post again. Diving officially re-opened on June 8th. The fact that Aldora was not filling tanks or you thought the ocean was closed has no bearing on anything. I have DM friends that went diving that day, including one of my roommates.

And again, you said "When I was in Coz in summer of 20 there was nobody allowed in the ocean", which is absolutely not true, since Summer of 2020 started on June 20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom