Cozumel Dive Boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c555

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Our family is going to Cozumel in April and would appreciate any recommendations for a dive boat or company to book dives through. Thanks!!!

Hey, first I think you might tell us where you are staying. It depends on if you are in town, south, or north...

I dove with Dive Paradise (once) and Del Mar Aquatics (6 days). They were both OK. You probably want a company with enough business that they don't lump the begginers with intermediate divers. The busier ones are likely to have night dives daily. Check with Dive Paradise, I think they are busier than Del Mar.

I've used Dive Paradise & Sand Dollar Sports and have no complaints. I was in Coz last October and stayed at Scuba Club. The dive operation there is excellent.

Go to the Cozumel section. You will see Blue XT Sea to be among the highest recommended, but there are many others that are highly recommended.

I have no personal experience yet, but I just did my cert. dive in Catalina and chatted with some of the local divers. I guy that worked at Flip's said he loved this organization. http://www.bluebubble.com/ His description of the whole experience sounded awesome. Good luck and have a great time!
Angela

Hey everybody, we are staying at a place called Iberostar resort on the southern tip of the island. THanks for all the other links and recomendations, i'll check them out!

c555:
Our family is going to Cozumel in April and would appreciate any recommendations for a dive boat or company to book dives through. Thanks!!!

I highly recommend BlueXT. I dove with a couple ops while I was there, and the difference between BuleXT, and the the other op, that I will not name, was huge. Part of that was because Christi did such a good job of keeping experienced divers together.

But there was a part that I can not explain. I dove a couple sites with BlueXT, and we had magical dives. Then I dove them with Op X, and they were great, but hardly the same dive. Maybe this was luck, or karma, I don't know.

What I should say is that if you do four dives with BlueXT a day, they will put bottom time a priority, make sure the surface intervals are long to do the next dive with max BT, and then again in the afternoon. They also cater to the diver demands. We did a LOT of deep diving, and if that means we end up with a day that extends into the evening, so be it!

I have nothing but great things to say about BlueXT, Margo (Hector), Pedro, Arturo, Cristi, and the entire BlueXT staff. They worked their tails off for us! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom