Cozumel in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My girlfriend and me will be accompaning my mother and aunt to Cozumel. Staying at Iberostar Coz from 10/02/2009-10/16/2009.

Would have stayed closer in town but part of the trip is having quality time with my mom and she likes Iberostar.

To the diving... will prob do some 10 day diving, not sure yet but probably with aldora or living underwater.

First time to Cozumel... so let's see.

I will be down 10/2 through 10/6, staying at Hotel Cozumel and diving with BlueXT again.

I was hoping this thread would continue to develope, and get me a little more insight into the total happenings on Cozumel in October. But it seems to have died, or else I don't know as much about navigating the forum as I thought. Please enlighten me if I missed a turn somewhere. My wife and I will be in Cozumel from the 11th through the 16th diving with Deep Blue, and staying at Hotel Cozumel. We have been there a number of times, diving with verious operators, and like Deep Blue very much. I am brand new to this Internet venue. Steve

October is a quiet time on the island -- a month with very low tourist counts and rain (hopefully as the island needs it!) Clubs, bars, and all tourist attractions will be open, so you can tour and party.

The free weekly events, weather permitting, go on: Sunday night music at the main Plaza (8-10pm), entertainment on the Plaza Tues. & Thurs. 7:30-10:30.

If you need to catch a football game, Kelly's Bar on Ave. 10 is a good place to go and you'll meet a lot of locals there who can tell you what's happening during your stay.

Friday happy hours: El Gato Negro cantina at 2:30pm, Cozumel4You's roving happy hour 6-9pm, Money Bar live band & 2x1, 5-7pm or 6-8?, salsa at La Palapita starting at 11pm (lessons begin at 10) and others.

Saturday night there's usually music on the Plaza again and there's racing at the Go Kart track on Melgar (between Punta Longosta and Mega) for anyone to join at 8pm.

Last Wednesday of the month is jazz night at the Cigar Bar in the Barracuda hotel.

The museum usually has an interesting art exhibit and shows old movies on Tues. nights at 7-ish. The Cineoplis movie theater in the Chedraui Mall is half price on Wednesdays -- you want movies with subtitles.

The mini golf on Ave. 15 is a lot of fun. Same for the bowling alley.

Sunday afternoons, Salsa again at Playa Azul beach club. Lessons begin around 1pm and the band plays from 3-5pm. 10% off food & beverages on Sunday.

There are probably 20 other things that I left out, but this is plenty to know for a short trip!

PS - I just learned that Chankanaab, Eco-Parque Celerain (Parque Punta Sur) and the San Gervasio ruins will be closed on Sunday during the month of Oct.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm a Cozaholic that is new to this forum and am enjoying reading all of the Coz threads. I will be there Oct 23 - 29 staying at Hotel Cozumel and diving with Dive Paradise. I'd love to meet some fellow divers if the opportunity presents itself! I can't wait to be there!!!!!

Julie

Hey all - I have not posted much to this site but started looking for info re Cozumel in October. I and 3 other divers will be at the El Cid la ceiba from Oct 17-26. We would love to meet up with other divers while we are there.

Merrianne

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom