Cozumel Pictures - Wilma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holy Cow! Not only do they know how to build strong buildings, but those people have been busting *ss cleaning up. You can hardly tell anything major happened - downtown at least. Incredible efforts!!

I was in Coz 10/15-10/26, busting *ss is putting it lightly. I've got pictures of areas from Sunday afternoon and pictures of the same areas Tuesday. On Tuesday you couldn't tell a storm had even hit, unbelievable. When we got back in the states Wednesday I picked up a USA Today read about all the people in FLorida whining about the government not doing enough. I've now been through a hurricane and seen how quickly things can get back to normal if people just get busy and get it done. Nobody in Coz waited for the government to step in, they just rolled up their sleeves and started working. I'm planning on going back in April (kids spring break) to help their economy and visit with all my new close friends!

spyder:
I've got pictures of areas from Sunday afternoon and pictures of the same areas Tuesday. On Tuesday you couldn't tell a storm had even hit, unbelievable.
We're waiting to see 'em... Glad you got back safe!

ggunn:
It's not there any more.
It is back now. I bet the site owner got a message from his web host telling him he has exceeded his bandwidth allotment for the month.

Yes,
One of those pics is from where Papa Hogs used to be.

Jeff: Those pics you posted are excellent. They really give a personal view of many familier places on Coz. I think that they don't show doom and gloom, and they don't paint a falsely rosey painting either.

Even though the Island will soon support divers again, it will be years before the infrastructure, that we have become used to, will be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom