Cozumel report from a first timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for your understanding words for my newly found addiction.
I am already making plans for next year, this time around, and cancel not one but two classes so that I can dive for more days!

Hey selo & diverrex, a bunch of us Cozumel-loving divers are on the Great Escape to Catalina on June 7. Why don't you join us? I hear the waters up to 57 degrees.

I would love to but I will be in Japan on that day. I usually go with the trips organized by Reefseekers, so perhaps I will run into you one of these days. Do you sign up for open boats?

Of course, after Cozumel, I am seriously thinking of getting a dry suit. :D

Welcome to the addiction that is COZ. We went for the first time last year in January for 3 days and decided that was way too short so we went back again in November. Now we are talking about another return to COZ even though we just got back from Bonaire on Sunday! Christi runs a top notch operation, you definately made a good choice there. If you want to stay in town we loved the Casa Mexicana, nice rooms, awesome breakfast every day. We would stay there in a heartbeat again but we dont like being downtown. Our last trip we stayed a Park Royal and liked it was well but it's a little further south than Scuba Club.

Just as an FYI the checked bags\security thing is not unique to Atlanta - its just about every airport that you fly international. Actually DFW was the easiest we have used so far and Miami was by far the worst.

I live in LA and I never had to go through security twice, even after arriving from abroad, which I do 5-6 times a year. It is just a poor design on the part of the airport, funnelling international arrivals into an area where there are people who've already passed security and waiting to board their flights.

But I'm willing to go three times through security for Cozumel! :lotsalove:

I live in LA and I never had to go through security twice, even after arriving from abroad, which I do 5-6 times a year. It is just a poor design on the part of the airport, funnelling international arrivals into an area where there are people who've already passed security and waiting to board their flights.

But I'm willing to go three times through security for Cozumel! :lotsalove:

If you're saying that you live in LA and don't have to go through the security thing twice when arriving at LAX, that's normal. It's when you are continuing on to another destination that you do, since if you've had access to your checked bags in Customs, you have to go through boarding security again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom