Cozumel Trip Report 6/4 -6/11 2010 with pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don, you safety hawk.... You know you talked me into the sausages before our May trip. We didn't use them..... as they were at home in the box they came in and not with the scuba stuff. At least I bought them, right? They were the nice DAN ones. Could have used the light stick as I went though three lights on the night dive.....

Don, you safety hawk.... You know you talked me into the sausages before our May trip. We didn't use them..... as they were at home in the box they came in and not with the scuba stuff. At least I bought them, right? They were the nice DAN ones. Could have used the light stick as I went though three lights on the night dive.....
I spoke to the wife of couple of divers I know locally (very rare here) about their Bonaire trip I think it was, how they were on a boat dive, got swept away by current, and the boat took a long time to find them. I asked about sausages? "Oh those were in our bags on the boat." :shocked2: I took them on a NC wreck diving trip once, only to learn she was not Nx carded then, and he was sending her up alone from deeper than 100, then following later. Wonderful folks, but :idk:

I am certainly not known for my safe diving but I try to plan that way and offer safety minded suggestions. Carry the sausages. Mine has been on every dive since I certified.

Today was another great day in Cozumel. I have the wife hooked as she told me I could never come here again without her. She is really doing good with her snorkeling and feeling more comfortable in the water. Today we dove Columbia Reef for our first dive. I had a max depth of 73fsw for 56min at 81*. My camera locked up so I did not get many pictures on this dive. On the surface I removed my batteries to reset the camera. Now back in business and an hour SI we headed over to Dahlia. On this dive I had a max depth of 62fsw for 61min at 81*. On all of our dives so far we did our sI's on the boat at drift. It was too choppy for us to go to the beach. We fininshed off the evening with some downtown shopping at the Sunday fiesta.

PICT0066.jpg

PICT0057.jpg

PICT0054.jpg

PICT0050.jpg

PICT0049b.jpg

PICT0030.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0069.jpg

Nothing like a picture fix. Thanks!! I was getting Coz diving withdrawl... Out of the waters pictures are desirable too! Did you see the octo during the day?

Today was excellent. Not only did I see one seahorse, but five. Our plan was to dive Santa Rosa wall, but the current was not in our favor. We decided to dive the Palancar Horseshoe and San Clemente Reef. I had a 49min dive at 79fsw at 83* on our first dive. We were able to do our SI on the Naked Beach today. We ate some fresh cantaloupe and then headed over to San Clemente Reef for a 73 min dive at 42fsw at 82*. We also collected 5 lionfish today and missed one more. For the amount these fish eat, we saved 100 small fish per hour with just these 5 and the possabilty of aproximatly 150,000 eggs being laid every 4 days depending whether or not they were malle or female.

PICT0068.jpg

PICT0061.jpg

PICT0056.jpg

PICT0053.jpg

PICT0051.jpg

PICT0050.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

PICT0025.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0071.jpg

Looks like you're having a great trip. All I have to look forward to here in landlocked Colorado is a shark tank dive this week, and then withdrawals till we go to Curacao in November. Keep feeding us pics... it helps...

Very nice pics.

Hate to say this(cause I know eveyone is going to blast me) but please save just one lion fish for us( in the plastic bag is fine).We've never seen one and I'd like to see it and show the grandkids.
Loved the grouper pic and can't wait to see the seahorses.....leaving this crapy Ohio weather and all the tornados next week. What's up with the currents..or whatever is causing you not to be able to do SI on the beach?? Thanks for the great pics..can't wait to get some of our own. Keep posting !!!

Back
Top Bottom