Creature from the black lagoon "Gill Man".

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very Cool. I think of the fun that could be had on a public beach.....IJS. You should write BARE on the chest and see if they will cover your costs plus a bit :D. I look forward to following this.

You HAVE to let me borrow this when you are done! In the cave community it is rumored that Telford has a monster living in it. I would love to make a movie in Telford with this.

You HAVE to let me borrow this when you are done! In the cave community it is rumored that Telford has a monster living in it. I would love to make a movie in Telford with this.

There you go feeding the mythmongers!!! Next you'll be showing that big foot hides so much because he goes cave diving to get to his lair!!

This thread got me thinking; assuming that thing comes out looking very realistic, how would I react if I were diving and saw it? It looks predatory and dangerous.

In other words, how long would I hover taking pictures before fleeing for my life...

I've wondered the same thing about how I'll deal with it if I ever see a great white or a large tiger shark diving.

Richard.

Richard: Im shooting for realistic - or as realistic as the movie originally portrayed... I will have to make some sacrifices to incorporate scuba gear. Which will probably come when I do the bust (Head & Neck) Hands & Feet. I have a an original cast of the "land head" that I will use to inspire a modified head to fit a lv mask and reg underneath. The hands will have to be a little more natural (smaller for safety reasons) but still webbed and the molded feet will be mounted to actual fins cut down to a size that represent the original monster feet but still work while trying to maintain position U/W.

Here is todays current photo. Sculpting photos on FB page.
20121211_170755.jpg

I think we all would have been disturbed had you posted that you were making a plaster cast suit of the woman on the beach rather than the monster :D. This whole idea of creating the monster is great.....you will have to make sure someone is there to video the "encounters".

I think we all would have been disturbed had you posted that you were making a plaster cast suit of the woman on the beach rather than the monster :D. This whole idea of creating the monster is great.....you will have to make sure someone is there to video the "encounters".

The actress in the Photo is Julie Adams. I'll be sure to do a youtube video or something. I might show up at the Blue Heron Bridge a bit early and wait for for the usual group of divers. Since most of them have their faces buried in the camera i'm sure I could get pretty close with out them noticing. Then maybe pop up in the swimmers section, that'll be good for youtube video for sure. I might have to make arrangements with FWC first since I wouldn't want them trying to catch me with a net lol...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom