Cressi Leonardo or Suunto Zoop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both will suit you fine. Both are fairly new releases. Is the Cressi slightly more compact than the Zoop? I'd suggest having the built-in back light is a small advantage. Cressi and Sunto computers track VERY closely in their algorithms provided you set the Suunto to 50% instead of the default 100%. Does the Zoop allow you to set the RGBM algorithm to 50%?

My wife and I have the earlier Cressi Archimides II console computer (also wrist mountable with a strap). It tracks within a minute or two of our Suunto D6 and D4 if these are set to RGBM 50%. We don't have issues with one computer (Suunto) going into deco and the other (Cressi) not, unless we really push our NDL. This is also a consideration when diving with other divers.

From images I think the Leonardo is a nicer looking instrument. I also like the Cressi Edy II for a smaller watch style computer. That can be purchased for $65 more than the Leonardo at leisurepro.com

Hope this helps. Or has it confused?

Yes but the Zoop is basically the same as the Gekko which has been around for a long time with a proven record, am not sure about the cressi, it's Seiko if memory serves so no doubt is also reliable. I owned an Edy II some years ago and liked it a lot, the manual was very confusing and the computer it's self is not as intuitive as the Zoop/Gekko. I ended up selling it as the display was too small for my ageing eyes.

Yes but the Zoop is basically the same as the Gekko which has been around for a long time with a proven record, am not sure about the cressi, it's Seiko if memory serves so no doubt is also reliable.

The Cressi Achimides II is Seiko electronics, so likely the Leonardo is the same. The Archimides has been around for at least 7 or 8 years.

Order just came to the house with my Leo, I really like it a lot. Simple to set up, seems durable and the one button is very easy to navigate with. I hopefully will be in the water doing a beach dive this weekend and will get to officially try out.

I see from the cressi.it site that it's also available in a console form with an SPG. So looks to be a smaller complement to the Archimide 2, but with updated RGBM algorithm.
Keep a spare battery with you, particularly if on a dive holiday. My archemide one or twice froze and started beeping for a whole dive with no warning when the battery went low. One of the reason I got the Suunto D6, so I always had a working backup.

I just bought a Suunto Zoop as a backup for my Suunto D6.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom