Crotch Strap on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajanelle

Registered
Reaction score
I made it to Maui with all my gear… except a crotch strap. Anyone have a shop that sells a crotch strap for a BP/W setup? Or has one I could rent/borrow for the weekend? Mahalo!

How did they lose the crotch strap but not the plate?

For those curious…

Haven’t had my gear (didn’t move with it) so I asked someone to pack it for me and they didn’t notice it was missing. Not sure where it went but I probably put it on one of my other plates.

Makeshift one made from three loops of paracord and a cloth belt. Does the trick!

Attachments

• 8BA294B3-D0A9-4A82-A9B0-5A8E42026DC3.jpeg
    8BA294B3-D0A9-4A82-A9B0-5A8E42026DC3.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 59
I did never fully understand the need for a crotchstrap. I removed it by my plastic backplate as soon as I purchased it.
My harness has fast regulating shoulder straps and a slightly elastic velcro belt, which keep the backplate perfectly adherent to my back and which can be opened in 0.1 second when I need to pull the tank over my head in front of me (for operating on the valves or for passing through a narrow passage).
What's the benefit of the crotchstrap?

It keeps the BP/W from riding high with a single piece hogarthian harness and provides attachment points for gear (rear D ring) and DPVs (front D ring).

I can stand not having a crotch strap... it only makes sense.

In fact first modification I made on my first ever bcd when I started diving.

especially on the surface it rides up, and feels like its around your neck,
Like a old style lifejacket, that had the slippery material, new ones stick better to you, and can fit tighter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom