Why no more crotch strap on wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi
Check the free diving-hunting sections of Beuchat, Mares, Cressi and al and you will see the product you are looking for :)

I have a weird body shape, not overweight just weird. My neck is to big for my shoulders and my shoulders are too big for the rest of me. I have to wear a medium bottom with a large/X large top. Yes, I could get a custom made wetsuit but I haven't yet. The biggest problem that I have, is that the top/jacket rides up around my waist.

What happened to the crotch straps that wetsuit tops and jackets used to have? They would keep the tops from riding up. Now I only see woman's wetsuirts with them! Why?
@Waterwulf I'd highly recommend a custom suit from JMJ Wetsuits. They do make Beavertail Jackets and a combo with a Farmer John underneath. I have one and it's highly warm.

As others have said here, beavertails are available from a few companies; my guess as to why they're uncommon is that the majority of companies are stack cutting suits in bulk, and the fewer styles they offer the more lucrative.

Have a good one,
Derek

Been looking for a two-piece wet suit for my daughter, there are very few about now. The trend is for the one-piece suit but these are nowhere near as warm as a two-piece for our cooler waters (10-16C). The only model I can find in the Australian market are the Seatec suits https://www.seatec.com.au/products/wetsuit-eco-pro?c=3 which I think we will go with (she does not want an open cell suit)

Been looking for a two-piece wet suit for my daughter, there are very few about now. The trend is for the one-piece suit but these are nowhere near as warm as a two-piece for our cooler waters (10-16C). The only model I can find in the Australian market are the Seatec suits https://www.seatec.com.au/products/wetsuit-eco-pro?c=3 which I think we will go with (she does not want an open cell suit)
perhaps she could try a semi-dry ?

My original instructors who were also my parents. Free lessons in exchange for pool maintenance using child labor!

MvvxnGT.jpg

You could look at sea gods in bali custom suits onee piece or two piece. very. reasonably priced i think under 400 us they ship

No not an option, they just don't cut the mustard for cooler waters, I have Cressi Ice 7mm semi-dry which I love for summer diving in waters 16C+, for anything cooler they are not up to it.

Any cooler, you should be using a drysuit.

Back
Top Bottom