Pee valve tube and wiast/crotch strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeskyMonkey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys,

So I recently decided to try using a Pee-valve for the first time. I practiced in my drysuit at home. Everything seemed fine, using the up and around method.

When I got to the dive site and put on my plate, I noticed that the waist strap/crotch strap kind of "tighten" over the tubing. This got my nervous that I would cinch the tubing closed, and I abandoned the pee-valve for the dive.

Is this a valid concern?

Hey guys,

So I recently decided to try using a Pee-valve for the first time. I practiced in my drysuit at home. Everything seemed fine, using the up and around method.

When I got to the dive site and put on my plate, I noticed that the waist strap/crotch strap kind of "tighten" over the tubing. This got my nervous that I would cinch the tubing closed, and I abandoned the pee-valve for the dive.

Is this a valid concern?
No concern at all. I wouldn't think your waist strap would be tight enough to even press that into your abdomen. With your undergarments, drysuit, and the thickness of the tube itself (not your tube), it won't be an issue.

Thanks for the quick reply! Will try it out again on Wednesday and report back.

Hey guys,

Is this a valid concern?
shouldn't be a problem just watch its not pinching the area of the cath conection

Hey guys,

Is this a valid concern?
With my DUI 300 undergarment it’s thick enough, as well as the hose being stiff enough, that this isn’t an issue. I run the tubing up and over the bottom of the undergarment 2-way zip, down my leg then loop back up. Even in my thinner fleece sweatsuit (added a button hole inside thigh of pants for hose routing), it’s not an issue given the rigidity of the hose. (Light Monkey Tinkle Valve)

I’d imagine that regardless of your routing choice, unless you have your crotch strap so tight it’s already uncomfortable, it shouldn’t present a problem.

Back
Top Bottom