Crown of Thorns Sea Star!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ROFLMAO!!!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

126,000 CoTs???

spread a rumor in the chinese community that eating crown of thorns enhances virility...

in about 6 months CoTs will be on the endangered species list...

Jag

I can see this simple little thred about Crown of Thorns becoming another political argument with WWD! I always thought that these thing were just supposed to pass on information about current events etc but when people start throwing around names of Experts and making challenges about content then I think it kicks in the nuts the good spirit of what this board is all about!
Everybody is entitled to his own opinion as should be respected for having such!
Codman is correct in what he says as I have also seen such content but unfortunatly divers do not want to see coral reefs which are being eaten by anything let alone Crown of Thorns so we get rid of them! I am sure that there are lots of reefs where nature is allowed to run wild and get eaten again which is fine as divers probably do not go there anyway!
If you want to see this type of reef, we have them around here, all waiting for the Sarangani Government to hold planning meetings, budget meetings, pre planning meetings, discuss whats for lunch on the day meetings and decide a day in the future to get them meetings!
There are more Crown of Thorns than divers so the few we pull out will make little difference to the big picture, if you see a Crown of Thorns, either pull it out or leave it! Its your view of the problem abd how you want to deal with it that is the important issue! Do Your Thing!

Kill Crown of Thorns (i Think)

DEATH TO ALL COTS! <fueling the fire>

I was going to respond again to this thread, but instead will let it lie as it is. I agree with you GSC and thanks for saving me a lot of time typing!:D

Cheers!:coffee:

I can see this simple little thred about Crown of Thorns becoming another political argument with WWD! I always thought that these thing were just supposed to pass on information about current events etc but when people start throwing around names of Experts and making challenges about content then I think it kicks in the nuts the good spirit of what this board is all about!
Everybody is entitled to his own opinion as should be respected for having such!
Codman is correct in what he says as I have also seen such content but unfortunatly divers do not want to see coral reefs which are being eaten by anything let alone Crown of Thorns so we get rid of them! I am sure that there are lots of reefs where nature is allowed to run wild and get eaten again which is fine as divers probably do not go there anyway!
If you want to see this type of reef, we have them around here, all waiting for the Sarangani Government to hold planning meetings, budget meetings, pre planning meetings, discuss whats for lunch on the day meetings and decide a day in the future to get them meetings!
There are more Crown of Thorns than divers so the few we pull out will make little difference to the big picture, if you see a Crown of Thorns, either pull it out or leave it! Its your view of the problem abd how you want to deal with it that is the important issue! Do Your Thing!

Kill Crown of Thorns (i Think)

This is not an arguement - its just taking notice of the plethora of research and studies that have been undertaken into cots and the damage that they cause.

There is overwhelming evidence that recent reef infestations are not natural and can be attributed to human activities - as are most forest fires.

But, as Gen San Chris said, it's up to individuals whether they do something or not as there is no Gvt Initiative to deal with cot infestations here (unlike Australia).

Name dropping is really stupid. Thanks for the insight Codman, seeing that you're a trained marine biologist and all. Remember that the COT population is out of control since their natural predators are being overfished in the first place (ie tritons and napolean wrasses).

Oh and GSC, nice initiative there. Maybe in the future you could setup paypal to accept contributions. I'd be willing to send $10 - that could go a long way at just 3 pesos/COT.

Oh and GSC, nice initiative there. Maybe in the future you could setup paypal to accept contributions. I'd be willing to send $10 - that could go a long way at just 3 pesos/COT.

Good idea, Chip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom