Cruise stop in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TommyG74

Registered
Reaction score
I am going on Carnival Legend in April. When trying to book an excursion in Belize, there is no diving trips, only snorkeling. I found on shore excursions.com a fly and dive trip. Get off the ship, get on a plane and fly to Ambergris Caye. Anyone know anything about that trip, or any other suggestions for Belize??

Carnival normally arrange diving with one of the local operators, Hugh Parkey's Belize Dive Connection. I'd check that out. Flying to Ambergris Caye introduces considerable complications, and I don't recommend it.

Trying to fly to AC and then back to the cruise ship after what would proabably be a two tank dive on AC is a good way to miss your departure time, get bent, or both. You might want to run a sample two dive profile on your RDP, then check the NOAA dive/elevation tables and see if that concept even makes sense for you.

Last edited:
Keep checking Carnival website for the excusions, They don't habe anything for diving, only snorkeling. The flight is something I am very heitant about, thats why I wanted to know if anyone has actually done it.

Tropic has been known to fly at only 3-400 feet with passengers who just got out of the water after a dive. Not sure if I would count on that though.

Lots of people have made the flight. I have on several occasions. But I can't recommend it to you, and the risk of missing your ship is a further significant risk - if you're later than the departure time of your shuttle the ship WILL leave without you.

But Hugh Parkey's generally do provide diving. Why don't you contact them directly, tell them what ship you're arriving on, and see what they say? You can find them by Googling.

So I contacted Hugh Parkey's, They said dives have to be set up through the cruise line. I told them that Carnival has no dives listed and they had no answer. So is there anyone else the could be recommended. I don't want to gamble the fly and dive due to the time, and risk of getting back late like you all mentioned, but my wife and I picked this cruise mainly to dive in Belize, Roatan we already booked something she really wants to do.

Maybe this has something to do with the current tug of war between Belize and Carnival over ship tenders. :idk:

We used Sea Sports Belize last year and were very pleased. Don't try to go to Ambergris Key for one day. Relax and dive in Belize City then go to San Pedro for a week next year.

Back
Top Bottom