Cruise to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Grand Cayman on Carnival Legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnsvtk, Are you still going on the May 6th cruise? My fiance (wife by then) and I are leaving Tampa May 6th and I'm still throwing around the idea of diving with Carnival contracts or going on my own. I know there has been a lot of news about Sand Dollar in Cozumel but I dove with them 4 years ago and had a safe and enjoyable experience. Let me know if you'll be cruising with us!

Jordan.

In Grand Cayman catch a taxi to Cracked Conch. Good shore diving, they ran a 2 dive, dine and drink special, then catch the taxi back to the pier.

Just returned from the same ports on Carnival Glory. In Cozumel I used Aldora Divers, dove the Santa Rosa wall with steel 120's. Great DM (Pepe) and long dives! An easy cab ride to the dive shop which is a block from their dock. On Roatan I used Barefoot Divers. Another great operation! Fun and professional, and literally a 3 minute cab ride from the cruise port. We dove Mary's Place, which was breathtaking! Belize I did use Carnival's excursion; they pick you up right from the ship and did a great job. Hugh Parkey's. Surfaced after the first dive to a raging thunderstorm, which was cool in it's own right! I know now I'll never get seasick, cause I didn't that day!!
My advice is not to worry so much about missing the ship; these operators are close, professional, and VERY used to accommodating cruise passengers schedules. I'm already thinking about next year and doing the Eastern Caribbean that time. Have fun!

Leaving Tampa May 6th,

Not sure if I should book the scuba excursions though carnival or go direct. Any Suggestions, referrals?

John

Had to Push my cruise to May 20th but so my Mom and Dad could make my nieces graduation on the 12th and make the cruise.
Would have been great to dive with you and your New wife (Big Congrats btw).
John

Leaving Tampa May 6th,

Not sure if I should book the scuba excursions though carnival or go direct. Any Suggestions, referrals?

John

Doing the same cruise 6/24-7/1. I have read some of the posts here and they are helpful. I figure on booking 2 of the 3 (Coz, Belize, Mahogany Bay in Roatan) through Carnival. Then go ashore and beat feet @ Grand Cayman to Abanks/Paradise Grill or Eden Rock for a couple of shore dives. Any thoughts/suggestions/advice from ScubaBoarders on this plan. TIA.

Coz and belize I would deff book on ship. however I know that roatan is pretty easy to find a dive op...
here in grand cayman there are shops everywhere !!! macabucca is a great shore dive ... its about 50ft and is packed full of life!!

Hope you have a great time!! let us all know who it all goes

Why would you book Coz dives through the ship? There are a bunch of easily accessible dive ops that offer better diving and way better pricing and all you do is walk down the pier and hop in a cab.

Belize, yes, book through the ship. The tenders are not worth the hassle.

Why would you book Coz dives through the ship? There are a bunch of easily accessible dive ops that offer better diving and way better pricing and all you do is walk down the pier and hop in a cab.

Belize, yes, book through the ship. The tenders are not worth the hassle.

Ive heard from friends that in coz its easy to miss the boats and they fill up when the port has more then 1 ship in. and I couldnt agree more in Belize

Hmm... I've never heard that. We booked with Scuba with Alison, took a 5 min taxi ride from the pier to her boat, 2 great dives, back with plenty of time. Although next time we are diving with Aldora for the bigger tanks :)

Back
Top Bottom