Curacao Recommendations - What not to miss?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderwaterBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We finally figured out where to go next and just booked Curacao for June! We're staying at Habitat and will probably have a rental car the entire length. Anyone have recommendations on what dive sites not to miss, beaches, wildlife and any other sights to see? :10:

Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games.

Sunshine makes some excellent candy as well. Dunno who yr diving with, but I'd get an operator in the West and one in the East.

I'm available for a dip weekends if you want.

Don

Port Marie (not far from Habitat) is a great dive.

Also, I would do Alice In Wonderland. The dive op there has an agreement with Habitat that allows you to use their tanks for free instead of hauling them there with you. If you do this dive go to the right after you get in. There is not that much to see to the left.

PM me if you want more info.

There's a store in town that has several hundred varieties of rum and they let you sample them.

UnderwaterBumbleBee

I agree with the recommendations already given and for sure you should go for a meal in the weekend to Sunshine. My buddy and I went there this weekend and the food is fingerlicking good. Don't forget to take a dessert. I guess these are her special specialties among all her other specialties.
To get you up to speed check my website Welcome to the Curacao Diving Paradise - Curacao Diving Paradise for information about shore dives. You have a car, so you are free to dive everywhere and when you like. You are not restricted to the hours and schedules of the boat operators unless you want to visit a site that cannot be done from shore easily (Watamula!).

Have fun

Hi UnderwaterBumbleBee,

I live and work on Curacao as a dive instructor, and my favourite divesites are:

Boat: Rediho, Watamula, Elvin's Plane Wreck (excellent reef around it!), Lagún, Kortape Point

Shore: Playa Piscadó, Alice in Wonderland (both featuring seahorses, if you come to see me at ..:: Ocean Encounters West ::.. I can explain where to find them), Playa Shon Mosa (my personal top spot from shore in the San Juán area), Cas Abou, Playa Jeremy, Playa Lagún

Food: Sol Food = Sunshine's place, there is no better!!!

I work with Ocean Encounters West in Westpunt. We have an agreement with Easy Divers at Habitat: Their divers can use our facilities (rinse tank, shower, toilet, locker room etc.) and tanks without extra charge , if announced ahead by phone. If you want to visit us and dive Alice in Wonderland, just ask Easy Divers to give us a call :)

If you want to join us on a boat dive, send me your email address, so I can forward you our boat trip schedule.

Kind regards from Curacao, I hope to see you soon

Andreas

Thanks everyone for the great and funny responses! I'll make sure to hit the rum stops and Soul food! We watched a video on Curacao tonight and saw the car wreck dive site. It looked kinda cool, is that site accessible by shore? Anyone know how Easy Divers works as far as what dive sites they go to (are they pretty open to divers requests)? I want to do the Superior wreck and some of the others mentioned here.

Any other restaurant recommendations? We like just about everything, saw some swiss places on the video along with a south African place that looked interesting. Where is Sunshine's in relation to Habitiat?

We'll try to check out Alice in Wonderland and look you up Andreas! We head out next week actually, hope the weather is good!

Back
Top Bottom