Current water temp in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepScuba once bubbled...
We did it in full 3mm for our ocean dives, and honestly, by the 3-4 day, on the third dive I was getting a little chilly towards the end.
Try a beanie or a hood.

I did 8 straight days of diving at the beginning of November. 22 dives, 23-1/2 hours bottom time and rarely was chilly. Used a 3/2 Oneill full, plus a beanie that just covers from the ears upward (including my high-heat-loss bald spot). Long, low effort drift dives call for more thermal protection than dives where you are active.

BTW, ask on the boat sometime what everyone saw from water temp. The one time I asked, the 5 replies ranged from 82 to 85 degrees -- computers aren't very accurate on temp measurement.

I wear hoods all the time. I don't want to wear one down south.

If I'm that cold (I wasn't THAT cold) I will just wear a thicker suit. For me a hood is over kill for down south (Except those of you that are climatized to it).

A Canadian wearing a hood in Mexico is just screaming "I'm a WEENIE".

My other computer, which I know is wrong, gave it as 80 degrees.

I say that one is wrong since when I compare it to others, it's always the odd one out.

Maybe it's closer under warmer conditions, but when it's mid 30's, this thing is usually 4-5 degrees different than all the others. Ah yes, I wear a hood when it's mid 30's!!!! Then again, I'm wearing my 1.5mm..............DRY SUIT! and 400gm Weezles.

Try the Dive Paradise website. They post the temp in the weather section. Today it shows 85 degrees F. My computer measured 84 degrees all last week. It was very nice.http://www.diveparadise.com

Just returned Saturday--you're looking at 81-82 degrees.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

DocVikingo once bubbled...
Just returned Saturday--you're looking at 81-82 degrees.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

And where is your trip report?

Look for it soon in scuba magazine near you.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Just got back Sunday and the water temperatures ran anywhere between 81-82 degrees all week. I wore a full 3/2mm, did 20 dives, and was fine. On the other hand, there were some people in my group that wore full 5mm and others in shorties. So it all depends on your own tolerance level as usual. Our dive guide we had ended up wearing a hood halfway through the week because he was getting chilly during the dives...

I did 8 dives there two weeks ago with water temps ranging from 82 to 84. I was diving with a 1mm full suit and was really comfortable. Interestingly, the coolest water temp I recorded was in just 25 FT (Columbia Shallows) where I did a 75 minute dive and was still warm. Must be all of these stinking cold dives I do in the Quarry in PA that have conditioned me! :)

Norte has passed & water temps are running 81-82 degrees.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom