Cuteness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catherine, at the Hilton, they feed the ducks live meal worms. Kids love it! The care keepers are very nice and I'm sure would be happy to give you any advice about taking care of a baby duck.

Catherine, if you have the patience, you can train the little guy to eat live worms right out of your mouth. You know, his real momma would do that. What could be more natural.

catherine96821:
lol, I have trouble smuggling animals, sometimes.

Thanks for the care link, Mislav. Turns out, baby ducks eat coy food, and dried worms sold in pet stores. He likes tomatoes too. These..."pet" ducks, are they potty trained? Cause I am not a big fan of the parrots that crap all over your shoulder.
Just do what you did before. make it a "service duck" card:wink:

catherine96821:
These..."pet" ducks, are they potty trained? Cause I am not a big fan of the parrots that crap all over your shoulder.
You know Catherine... while I am not a duck expert... I wouldn't recommend setting the duck on your shoulder.

Years ago I had this idea of a pirate farce movie, where the main pirate would have his shoulder occupied by a duck instead of a parrot. Struck me as funny.

"Argggh, the parrot kept telling where me treasure be. The duck knows not to talk."

We had 4 ducks one year. They were eaten by coyotes.

Okay, now I need a name...I was thinking P-King or Afleck.

A "Service Duck"...WC, now you're thinking! make him an ID at Kinkos, maybe get a little vial of "meds" stapped to his ankle, so he can fly first class.

I might just turn this duck "loose" at the Hilton!! ...that is news I can use.

We had this baby bunny with only one ear and we took him in the pet store and "left him" with the other babies for sale. Actually, three people were fighting over him before we got out of there.

The kids used to take their bunny on ski trips and I used to keep him in the bathtub and bribe the maids not to turn us in.---it's easier than you'd think.:D

Somebody told me adult ducks can kill the babies.

This guy has some BIG feets!

MMMM, duck! My favorite is Peking! I'd name him.. . Peking! LOL :rofl3: :rofl3:

Seriously let him go. If you can find a MOMMY than all the better. If not, well, a duck is as good a pet as any other.

I have a 13 year old, they are a blast!

he was swimming in the ocean, all alone they said.

although....the fish stories are starting to come in. Apparently they caught a five foot sting ray and through it back and a huge eel that they couldn't get the hook out.

I'd love to know what eats all the baby ducks..one day there were twelve and the next day 0 and the mother was beside herself, swimming in circles, quite upset.

Up here in Minnesota, the muskies and the northern pike love to eat baby ducks. And coyotes and fox. Amazing any of them live.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom