"Cutoff" wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will a chainsaw leave a ragged edge? :wink:

I've worn my last two wetsuits to the point where the legs fell off rather than having to cut them off. Well, actually, they fell apart so I had to have them cut off. Since the first one was an M&B custom 7mm I had M&B sew the cut legs and do a few patch jobs for me (like adding a whole new crotch). The second one was a Seaquest that I just trimmed below the seams and it still works fine during the warmer seasons here.

No one has ever accused me of making a fashion statement with my wetsuits (more like an anti-fashion statement). To me they are tools I use in my work. And you'd be amazed at how much attention they attract from newbies... they assume anyone wearing such a suit is a seasoned dive veteran (rather than the starving marine biologist that I really am).

There you go, zimpod. You just need to ask yourself if your wife wants to look like Dr. Bill. :wink:

redhatmama:
There you go, zimpod. You just need to ask yourself if your wife wants to look like Dr. Bill. :wink:

Giiiiirl, you can come back jack.

Hey Zimpod, how much would it cost to ship that thing? Your profile doesn't say where you are. I don't know if any of my students would be interested but a decent cold water suit for $30 usually gets college students salivating.
Ber :lilbunny:

redhatmama:

Are you suggesting to him that she wouldn't look fantastic in a suit like this?

M&B%20wetsuit%20front%20and%20back.jpg

drbill:
Are you suggesting to him that she wouldn't look fantastic in a suit like this?

M&B%20wetsuit%20front%20and%20back.jpg

:D

BTW, I read your retirement post....

Sorry I missed all the fun. Thanks for all suggestions that did not involve power tools.

Dr. Bill, that's hard core, man. I am impressed. I hope the shark got it worse.:wink:

Ber Rabbit, I live in Omaha, so I would imagine that shipping anywhere in the US would be no more than $10. If one of your students is interested, I would be willing to work something out, split the shipping, or cap it at $5 or whatever, if it would save me the hassle of having to re-taylor the suit and help me avoid the wrath of the wetsuit fashion mafia.

$30 for a semi dry!! What size is it? Decent shape? I don't need another one but for that price you can't go wrong.

I think you should sell it, zimpod. There's a fine line between coolness and dorkdom and Dr. Bill can pull it off. :)

Back
Top Bottom