D70 White Balance Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

using a red filter like the magic filter will help, as it cuts down on how much correcting it needs to do, useful to about 50-60 feet and will help you get better colour too.

are you using manual setting or something like P or A or S? you will find using MWB needs a lot of light to get a GOOD reading.

You will find f5.6 and 1/60 or 1/30 will usually get the result you want. 1/30 is not too slow for reef scenics which is what you are shooting i assume. Also, try pumping your iso to 320 or even 400. but don't go higher than that or the results look crap with d70 :D

I don't use a red filter because I use an Ike case and dome port with a strobe (or 2). There's no provision for removing the filter underwater - it would have to stay on the lens. I suppose I COULD get green strobe filters too. Yes MWB needs ample light -- so I usually switch over to P before taking a MWB frame. I leave the ISO on the slowest setting to eliminate grain - and why use a higher ISO with strobe? (I'd just forget to set it back) I will try your advice and open the thing up to overexpose and maybe that'll do some good. Thanks for that suggestion.

M

Back
Top Bottom