DA Aquamaster?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uggg
I just bought my first stage and primary 2nd from my local dive shop. What should have been a happy experience was actually pretty upsetting for me. I ask too many questions and really frustrate the dive shop owner who thinks I’m discounting his 30 years of experience. I’m not, I trust what he says and his experience. I’m just a need to know why and what the difference are so I can make a decision based on my strengths and weakness as not only a new diver, cold water diver but as a mature plus sized diver pushing 50 and have arthritis in my hands if that helps. I want to know why I’m paying more or less for one piece over another and the strengths and weakness one hold over the other and

I’m pretty set on scuba pro and today bought the first pieces I know I am set on. The mk25 and GT60. I’m looking at my secondary primary now and am wondering what the of difference is between the R195 and R095. I realize one is smaller than the other but how does that affect the workings.

You want the R195, not the R095. Or another G260 even better for future long hose routing should you desire that in time. I think, maybe, the R195 and 095 have been discontinued or in process. The R195 cover is interchangeable with the G260 BTW as is the diaphragm, exhaust valve etc. You could look at the R195 as a non-balanced G260. Well, yeah, not fully accurate but some parts commonality and size and the cases also. Since you have the G260, in lieu of another G260 I would be on Amazon or wherever to grab a R195 now.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts. I was considering the R195 for the very reasons you listed here as well as a few others. I would love another G260 as an alt but that would mean not buying my octo as soon so I’m thinking I may change over in the future. I don’t want to skimp on my emergency gear but as a new diver with all the costs that’s a back burner thought for now. Going R195 over R095 was my compromise to that.

He wanted to sellme the R095 that he had in stock in the shop and kept saying ones just smaller and they all do the same thing and deliver air and that I should stop reading stuff I’m just confusing myself and I need to listen to him.

Form has function in bio and I am assuming the same in scubapro gear or they’d just make one of everything. So thanks for your feedback here. I was frustrated and starting to feel like a ninny and was embarrassed. This helped.

I freakin hate confrontation so Thanks for answering I really appreciate you took the time to make me feel like I’m on the right path for me gear wise @Nemrod

Yes sorry that was a frustrated fingers typo. It is the G260 @
Nice reg set by the way, I assume you mean G260.
Yes sorry fat frustrated finger typo. It is the G260. I know the MK25 and G260 it’s a big shinny purchase as a new diver with as little experience as me. But with age, weight and cold water surroundings I really want to minimize potential points of failure and that MK25 seems to have withstood the test of time with the divers I do know. So I’m okay with so wanting more in my product despite my inexperience knowing I’ll grow into it as a diver. I’m diving once, if not twice a week.

Yes sorry that was a frustrated fingers typo. It is the G260 @

Yes sorry fat frustrated finger typo. It is the G260. I know the MK25 and G260 it’s a big shinny purchase as a new diver with as little experience as me. But with age, weight and cold water surroundings I really want to minimize potential points of failure and that MK25 seems to have withstood the test of time with the divers I do know. So I’m okay with so wanting more in my product despite my inexperience knowing I’ll grow into it as a diver. I’m diving once, if not twice a week.
Did you buy the r195 already? Did you consider the c370 or the s270?

No I did not buy the R195 yet. Just the Mk25 and g260 as it’s all I was sure of. I haven’t looked into the octo and spg’s enough to take that dive yet. It was more less us talking about what I was getting next that sparked this discussion.
@BoltSnap
Also realized I started this 1st/2nd stage business on the wrong feed. 🤦‍♀️
So I just wanna swim into a cave and not come out yet. 😳

No I did not buy the R195 yet. Just the Mk25 and g260 as it’s all I was sure of. I haven’t looked into the octo and spg’s enough to take that dive yet. It was more less us talking about what I was getting next that sparked this discussion.
@BoltSnap
Also realized I started this 1st/2nd stage business on the wrong feed. 🤦‍♀️
So I just wanna swim into a cave and not come out yet. 😳
If it is within the borders of your budget, I'd get the c370 or s270 for the alternate second stage.

Are you getting a dive computer also?

If it is within the borders of your budget, I'd get the c370 or s270 for the alternate second stage.

Are you getting a dive computer also?
I’ll look into both and the costs thanks. May be back with more questions lol.

I’m not looking for a dive computer at the moment but will be at some point. My current dive partner is is a tech diver/researcher by trade and also instructs. They are so fully geared up and never lets me far off leash, nor out of sight 😂. So, I’m getting used to the analog aspects and kicking it old school for now while I figure out what kinda diver I’m gonna be ‘when I grow up’.

I have no idea what features will be important or worth the extra money in annoyances yet cause I’m still so new. By all sane accounts, I should probably be renting but the scientist in me can’t handle not knowing how my gears been treated and who’s been using it when I’m 50m under. I’m not in a position to trouble shoot for myself yet. So I’m not keen on using random rental gear without knowing the care that went into the equipment first hand. I know it’s a valid path for most but renting stressing me out. 🤷‍♀️

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom