Dacor Nautilus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike,
I thought you ment you as the poster.

I have seen the magazine somewhere before but can't recall when or where.
Q-Is fred wearing his loose fitting Peche Sport foam wet suit in the picture--coldest suit ever made!
Note Fred's camera always constructed his own and always huge and cumbersome

sdm

John,
Some day we will meet, diving is still a very small sport

I thought it best that I post a few memories before my DOC, aka Date of Croaking.

I am rewriting a book -- I had it almost completed but it along with many reference notes were stolen and or destroyed by a Frenchman and his wife who were house guest for a week..So maybe I will get a decent reference dive history book out soon. so much writing and so little time.

SAM

Thanks for that, Mr. Miller.

I know that as recently as 2005 Mr. Roberts was selling some of his scuba stuff. I bought a 2nd edition of "Basic Scuba" from him which he kindly inscribed to me. The book itself looks brand new, but the dust cover shows the passage of time. It is one of my greatest treasures.

Last edited:
I bought quite a few items off Fred back then.I think he sold all his diving related items.I purchased a prototype Voit green smooth skin wet suit off him.He signed a letter saying how he made it ect.To bad it's a small or medium.I was going to buy a film he made on use of double hose regs in a pool.But the price was to high for me.He has move in the last five years.I will PM you his new number Sam.:cool2:

This article should help anyone not familiar with the Nautilus understand how it operates. I enjoy using mine and would like to know if there are any others out there still in use. I know John gets good use out of his and he's in the process of rebuilding a second. Does anyone else have and/or use a Dacor CVS Nautilus?

DD

I have just completed my first You Tube video of a dive I made March 30, 2015. This dive was with the Dacor Nautilus CVS (Constant Volume System, a different type of buoyancy compensator). I put this together for several purposes. My wife, Chris gave me a great new Christmas present, a GoPro video camera. So part of this is to learn how to put together a video using the tools from GoPro and GoPro Studio. The second part of this is to show my dive site, the High Rocks area of the Clackamas River, how unique it is, and the actual full workout that I get by diving it. I also wanted people to learn how the Dacor Nautilus CVS works, as there has been some misunderstandings of this vintage diving unit. Finally, this is the first in a series of videos using my GoPro to document my bicycling activities, and some unique natural systems in the Clackamas River. I'm hoping, for instance, to document the mating of the redside shiner, which I have been following for some twenty years now. So enjoy this video, but be forewarned it is about 46 minutes long.
[video=youtube;ydnE52L_Nqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydnE52L_Nqw[/video]
SeaRat

I have a new GoPro video of my dive with the Dacor Nautilus CVS, but it is a bit different than the other one. First, it's fairly short (7 minutes). Second, it shows a problem, rather than how good the unit is or I am as a diver. 'Hope you enjoy it.

SeaRat
[video=youtube;ttMuLwNvQQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttMuLwNvQQQ[/video]

Thanks for posting this video John. I'm not sure how many people enjoy diving a Nautilus, but I for one sure do. I hope that problem isn't easily repeated.

The camera view from shore. Was it retrieved after the dive? Or do you have two Gopro cameras now?

Good video John, thanks!

DD

Don,

I only have one camera, and it's on my converted bicycle/diving helmet (see the first video). But I take it off and place in on a rock, do the dive, then retrieve it. The retrieval is edited out. :wink:

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom