Dahab Technical Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deeply sorry about the sad news.I think she was Swiss.I was with Tom Steiner about one month ago and he told me about the attempt.He was to be one of the safety divers along with Pascal Bernabè.I'm going to contact him.
What a f***ing tragedy!

Now I understood, those guys found the canyon system ( even if it was already dove it from other recreational DM...) and put a line all the way throught, but I don't think they also went inside.
Bytheway , in this area, we have a lot of canyon:
in front of Abu Hilal you have what i Call the Sandwich canyon wich is a long cave/canyon that I explored wit Tom, Seb and Mercy . Over there you can made 3 dives all of them at the depth of 35- 42 m. Tom call these dives, The T cave and the Snake canyon.
At the end of the Sandich Canyon going North there's the Abu hilal Canyon wich is going north and reach 60m depth ( i didn't dive it yet unfortunetely).

Than at Abu Tahla you have 2 others canyon, the C19, wich lies at 55 m and is going south and the TJ canyon wich start a 50 m and goes down to 100 on the north.
We also have the 3 valley canyon next the famous canyon, wich start at 38m and goes to 45.

And from last Sunday we have a new cave spot in Gabr el Bint called the Tomb, we just explored, the entry is at 25 m and goes tiss 30 m depth with around 60 m penetration. It's dark over there...

As you can see, a lot of STUFF!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom