Dahab vs. Eilat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Anti-Israeli comments have been deleted!

These remarks are mean spirited and are not in keeping with our "Terms of Service".

Should you have any additional questions or comments about this action, please feel free to contact me directly or to post on site support.

Racially derived comments WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

It appears I should have softened my comments. At the end of the day and given all of the negatives, there is no reason to dive Eilat if you have any alternative!!!

Politics aside, for someone who's not going to spend a lot of time in the area, Eilat offers a good compromise, because it'll probably save him at least a day of traveling, that he can either spend either on diving, or on resting.

It appears I should have softened my comments. At the end of the day and given all of the negatives, there is no reason to dive Eilat if you have any alternative!!!

Eilat is as good as many and why better and safer than some place like Iran! Egypt is a reasonable country and I would feel safe diving with many of my Egyptian friends and it would make a great two week trip to do Eilat and then the lower Red Sea!

Have you dove Israel? If so, when?

I dove in Israel, last weekend.

Seen lots of GhostPipeFishes: 2 Ornate, 1 Leafy, 3 Fuzzy and 2 black ones and also 8 (!) tiny Sea Horses (barely 3-5cm length). In addition a Red Sea Walkman, Devil Scorpionfish, a school of a few dozen Barracudas, 1 Frogfish (bad luck- usually we get to see 3-4 Frogfish during a weekend), 3 Octopuses, Blue Spotted Stingrays etc. etc.- and one wild dolphin that shared its time between playing with us and swimmers. And quite a few nudybranches. We did only 3 dives.

Friends also met the dolphin in two of their dives, and several other GhostPipefish and Sea Horse in other dive sites- I guess there is a "population explosion" of GhostPipefishes and Sea Horses in Eilat these days (another friend took pictures of a couple of Sea Horses mating on the water surface near the Marina's jetty). If you love this types of fish then Eilat is the place to go! :)

Thanks Jai Bar, it's comments like these that I really look forward to reading each time I get on scubaboard.

Right now my plan is to spend 1 day of diving in Eilat and 3 in Dahab. We haven't made any hotel reservations (we're in the area May 25-28) partly out of laziness and partly in case Eilat satisfies all my diving desires and we find no need to go further south. What do you guys think about finding availabilities at a cheap but clean hotel during this time (in both places)? Thanks!

Thanks Jai Bar, it's comments like these that I really look forward to reading each time I get on scubaboard.

Right now my plan is to spend 1 day of diving in Eilat and 3 in Dahab. We haven't made any hotel reservations (we're in the area May 25-28) partly out of laziness and partly in case Eilat satisfies all my diving desires and we find no need to go further south. What do you guys think about finding availabilities at a cheap but clean hotel during this time (in both places)? Thanks!

Just back from Eilat after 4 days of diving, saw most of the Jai Bar List....includes the Dolphin, there are rouners of whale shark in the area as well.

As for hotels - you got the Ambasador, Reef, Prima Music in normal prices or simply contact of of the local dive centers and ask them to help you out. I like coral sea divers ÷åøì ñé ãééáøñ

Water already above 22C

Have fun

If you do get to come to Eilat,
feel free to contact me, i am here year round, i would be happpy to aid with Hotels, resturants,diveshops, sites and night life.

good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom