Dallas - surgical tubing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robrob

Registered
Reaction score
Folks I am having a devil of a time finding 1/4 surgical tubing in dallas (checked hardware stores and REI)...anyone know of a spot. Need it for my backup reg setup. Thanks!

Buy mine at local ACE hardware center.

Thanks! i will give that a shot this evening! Appreciate the help.

wouldn't bungee cord be better? Surgical tubing will rot with sunlight, and salt water exposure, won't it?

DiveRite Express is where I get a lot of things. Good people there.

I'f your LDS sells spear-fishing stuff, the "bungee" from a spear pole will work well also (in use on my kit). They are sold separately, you don't have to buy the whole spear/pole setup :)

Depending on your needs I would suggest the following.
Tuckers dive shop – http://www.tuckersdiveshop.com/
They usually stocks surgical tubing and other technical diving needs such as reels, stainless steel and brass clips. Plus, they could help with attaching your necklace or if have any questions. Bring in your regulators and I am sure they will help you with it.

Regards, Andrew

use bungee, it lasts alot longer. Go to Lowe's or HD and get some of the tie-downs that are bungee with a blue ball on the end, cut at the ball and VIOLA you have a bungee just the right length. Attach with a zip tie. Put the bungee between the zip and mouthpiece and cinch it down. It'll pull out with a good yank if you ever need to get out of it fast.

The tie downs come in a jug with 8-10, they are handy for all sorts of stuff (unlike a roll of tubing)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom