Darn I miss DeepSeaSupply

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cebolla

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted something lighter/smaller for diving in 80-degree water compared with the stainless plate and LCD 30 I have. I've been shopping around and now I remember how innovative Tobin/DSS really was. So many little and big features, like plastic-lined loopholes, tank straps directly through the wing, and the overall quality of construction. I would have bought a lifetime supply if I ever thought they wouldn't be available again.

.... and tall/x-tall sizes in plates....

And his smb.....

And...

Tobin could come across as abrasive to some but a consummate tradesman with excellent attention to detail.

It's been my experience that abrasive folks often are the best at what they do. Kinda reminds me of myself and what others think of me. I think I'm easygoing. I make great stuff (outside this field}. I think people think I'm uptight sometimes. Probably because of my ancestry and their culture. German mostly, then British, western French, and some Italian. All hard workers. Some of us (like me) have diametrically opposed ancestral cultural backgrounds. Or.....maybe I'm just a weirdo :oops: :wink:

That is pretty much my experience, I have worked in engineering trades my whole adult life and have seen many times that expert tradesmen rarely suffer fools.

The creative man needs positive feedback. The innovative creative man with engineering skills normally needs room. You don't get customer service, major innovation, manufacturing/engineering skills, and entrepreneurship in one package. Anybody looking for that as a customer will find fault, usually in the customer service/interaction area. Many inpatient and/or intolerant customers have driven geniuses from manufacturing and trades.

Highly creative people are also very sensitive people even though they can come off as abrasive and callous. Many times this is a protection. Highly creative people who invent things consider their creations to be like their “children”, and have a tough time taking criticism about their products just like someone calling a kid ugly or stupid in front of the kids parents.
Artists can be the same way about their artworks (diving products, paintings, sculptures, music, acting, etc.)
They see attacks and criticism as an attack directly on them as their work to them is a part of their person, their personality,
This is why they get testy and take everything personally, their creations expose their inner most sensitive self.
Being a creator and innovator can be a very grueling and painful ordeal.
Creators and artists are not always people persons.
They need to realize this and let trained people persons to do the sales work.
Many very talented creators have self destructed because of this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom