Datamask Link Issues...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Received both units back from Oceanic 2/20/09, The teck had to make some ajustments on the Datamask, All batteries were replaced, Above water both units check out Ok !

I finally got my Datamask wet again, after checking out on the surface we started a dive, the mask lost link a total of three times during a 47 minute dive. My VT3 back up was rock solid. The following week we took off for Monterey to dive at Pt. Lobos, The Datamask at first boot on the surface was showing a 5' depth and 9:59 DTR. I removed and replaced the battery, the problem cleared and we proceeded with our first dive, I got the mask home and went to rinse with fresh water, first I checked the mask operation, boot sequence was normal and then the word ALT flashed 5 times and the mask kept shutting down.
Needless to say the mask is back at Oceanic for repair. We will see if Oceanic can rise to the task !

No problem - I dive mine with my ATOM 2.0 receiving the same signal.

How does one set this up? Will it only work with certain models? I'm working on picking up new gear over the next several months and I'm looking at the datamask.

As far as I know, all the hoseless-AI Pelagic (Oceanic/Aeris) computers use the same transmitters, so you enter the S/N from the label on the transmitter as the transmitter ID for the first transmitter on any number of dive computers and they will receive the signal if close enough.

The transmitter/computer communication is one way (from the transmitter to the computer), so there is no interference from multiple computers trying to communicate with the single transmitter. Since the transmitter blindly transmits the pressure data, any receiver (computer) within range which has that transmitter's ID entered into it will receive that signal. Each computer is different, so the best thing to do to set the transmitter ID is to read your manual. There are online copies of the manual for Oceanic computers here:

Oceanic Worldwide - Owner Services - Owner's Manuals

For Aeris computers here:

DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Services - Manuals

And what does this have to do with the fact that the equipment is malfunctioning ? You speak as if everyone is an idiot !

As far as I know, all the hoseless-AI Pelagic (Oceanic/Aeris) computers use the same transmitters, so you enter the S/N from the label on the transmitter as the transmitter ID for the first transmitter on any number of dive computers and they will receive the signal if close enough.

(no kidding)

The transmitter/computer communication is one way (from the transmitter to the computer), so there is no interference from multiple computers trying to communicate with the single transmitter. Since the transmitter blindly transmits the pressure data, any receiver (computer) within range which has that transmitter's ID entered into it will receive that signal. Each computer is different, so the best thing to do to set the transmitter ID is to read your manual. There are online copies of the manual for Oceanic computers here:

Oceanic Worldwide - Owner Services - Owner's Manuals

For Aeris computers here:

DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Services - Manuals

I do apoligize for the last post as this thread was intended for those having link loss issues with the Data Mask.

I finally got my Datamask wet again, after checking out on the surface we started a dive, the mask lost link a total of three times during a 47 minute dive. My VT3 back up was rock solid. The following week we took off for Monterey to dive at Pt. Lobos, The Datamask at first boot on the surface was showing a 5' depth and 9:59 DTR. I removed and replaced the battery, the problem cleared and we proceeded with our first dive, I got the mask home and went to rinse with fresh water, first I checked the mask operation, boot sequence was normal and then the word ALT flashed 5 times and the mask kept shutting down.
Needless to say the mask is back at Oceanic for repair. We will see if Oceanic can rise to the task !

I received the repaired unit last week, it is not clear on the repair order what was wrong with the unit just that the xmttr checks out Ok !
After speaking with Joe in service he informed me that this is the second time my mask will have been replaced... So with the new unit I am off to the Channel Islands... I am confident that the Data Mask will have a great time !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom