Dating My Daughter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Other tricks I had to suffer through, so I will pass on so that you overprotective fathers can torture your daughters in the same ways I was tortured.

I mentioned the whole break a car down and put it back together thing he was so fond of.

Also,

1. Move so far out into the backwoods that the guy has to have a gps and a signal flair to find the place to pick her up. We had about 3 miles to the nearest neighbor and if you didn't have 4-wd you were hoofin it.

2. Have a couple of really big intimidating dogs that like to stick their noses in awkward areas of the strangers anatomy.

3. Become a teacher at your daughter's high school. That will put a very big damper on her dating prospects.

4. Have your wife become a teacher at her high schoool as well, this really puts a damper on things.

5. Become one of the local masters for a martial arts and teach your daughter and her brother as well. This way the local boys know that not only can dad kick your hind end, but so can the daughter and her brother at any given moment.

6. Learn to scowl a lot!!

7. Ride a big motorcycle to school with full leathers and have the unkempt Biker look.

8. Make any potentials come and have dinner at the house with the family (With said dogs sitting under the table at potentials feet drooling).

These factors alone kept me out of the dating pool 'til I was 19.

You could always use that second set of scuba gear to take the boy scuba diving, and if you don't like him, turn off his air and load him down with weights.

I swear it was a freak diving accident!!! What, you say he had 75 lbs of weight?!? No wonder he went straight to the bottom! Poor guy, his family must be devistated!

I have duly saved the form and will print it out and hand it out as flyers when my 3 year old daughter turns 12.

I am also considering becoming a high school teacher.

My Dad was an MP and a Cop for 30 years...and in the FBI.....he would be cleaning his guns when I had a date picking me up.

I wonder why I am single......lol

Looking at it from the other side of the fence... I remember dating during my high school "daze" in the Chicago area. I would often go to the girl's home for the first date and end up spending a lot of time talking to the parents before we went out. In one amusing situation, the parents and I talked for so long that my date got fed up and left! I continued to go over to her house to talk to her parents while she dated other guys!

Dr. Bill

Those rules are great.

I have a very young son and a baby on the way. If the one on the way is a girl, I will print out your rules and post them.

Michael

I like dads like that, presents me with a challenge to date his daughter.......

i am glad i never met an ******** like this guy growing up.

the dads of all the girls i dated realized it was not about their ego, but about
their daughter's life

hehehehe... you guys sound so old ("no Elvis Presley loving young man is
gonna date my daughter, i tell you what!")

even at 34 I get grief from Father....lol

but now, I think he warns potential dates...of me! Thankfully, I get picked up at my own house now :wink:

Those rules are great! I think I'll post a modified version of them on the front door when my daughter gets old enough to date (right now I'm thinking 21!).

I used to know a guy who told the boys that he checked his daughter for fingerprints every time she came home from a date.

I think I will be sitting in the living room cleaning my guns when every 'first date' shows up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom