Dauin/Apo Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I shot some fireworks in Dumagete!!! (wink wink)

Sorry, am not part of WPO.

trip report coming soon!!!

here's a teaser...

If looks could kill...
345390630_ff2cfd08b0.jpg

Yellow Leaf Scorpion fish

345390638_3ca65f5841.jpg

both photos taken at the El Dorado house reef

pyrodiver:
Just got back from 4 days of diving in Dauin and Apo Island. THAT PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Yeah it does!!!

Did you do the car wreck??

@ Scuba Jennifer - Yes I did, saw 2 ghost pipe fish on that site!!!

Back to trip report....

Did I mention that DAUIN/APO ISLAND ROCKS!!!!! HEHEHE

Sorry for being repetitive... I would like to start my report with my ending... My over 1 year of diving in Anilao put into one, doesn't come close to what I've seen in Dauin and Apo in 4 days!!!!

Day 1 - Jan 4. Flew CebuPac super sale airfare (P2,100++ or $42.00++) and arrived Dumagete at 230pm. Right outside the terminal an El Dorado van was waiting to pick me up. 2 of my friends backed out!!! ;-) Weather was overcast so I didn't expect any diving that day. 30 min ride from airport to the resort. When I got in, I went straight to the dive shop after dropping off my non diving stuff in my room. I met Philip (Instructor/manager) and Lito (DM). Although it was showering and water was choppy, and white caps can be seen from a distance, I inquired if ther is any possibility of a dive that afternoon. Philip said Lito is free, you can do a house reef dive when you are ready... It was 3pm and no lunch, I was starving, I informed Lito that I will have a quick lunch, then get ready for a dive... He gave me a look... and raised his shoulders... I'm hungry!!! Lets dive around 430pm!!! DM Lito gave me a short briefing and showed me a map of the site. Maximum depth was 20m and dive time minimum 60mins.
The weather seem like it turned from bad to worse! Shoreline was very choppy. I didn’t really expect to see anything… I got used to choppy waters = bad visibility.
First thing that greeted me were 2 blue spotted sting rays followed porcelain crab, pink and clown anemones were all over the place, and behold, a yellow leaf scorpion fish. Not bad, I’ve never seen one yet! There were a number of different nudis, and more porcelain crabs! And just before ascending, the resident mantis shrimp. I tried doing an MV or a Dr. Bob shot but skills aren’t that good… ;-) More practice needed! Day 2 will post soon…

352213776_2e5cf7e83a.jpg

352219075_c610fb66ef.jpg

352238871_f22daffcc1.jpg

Pyro, I was kind of pissy when the DM told us we were going to the car wrecks...I thought "what the hell! I came all this way to dive old car wrecks??" Until I got there..WOW! I found those 2 ornate ghost pipes and Nudi's that I'd never seen anywhere, robust pipe fish, a gorgeous seahorse, so many things I went back 2 more times that week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom