Dauin/Apo Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Jonix - save your money, go to Dauin. Really worth it

@Jenny - I saw both ornate and robust pipe fish in the car wreck. Only 1 each. I've asked the DMs to send me SMS when there are more pipe fish in the area. I will do another trip there. The DI in El Dorado said there were also pipe fish in their house reef but at 28m. They saw them when they were looking for boat parts that fell off the chase boat.

SPECTACULAR! LOVE IT!

352238871_f22daffcc1.jpg

WOW!

Jag

pyrodiver:
Day 1 - Jan 4. Flew CebuPac super sale airfare (P2,100++ or $42.00++) and arrived Dumagete at 230pm. Right outside the terminal an El Dorado van was waiting to pick me up. 2 of my friends backed out!!! ;-) ......

Sorry, Doy, I had to back out at the last minute... :(..anyways, I still have my supersale airfare..will join you next time you go to Dauin.

Love your photos..pang-pro na. :D

Day 2
At the end of the first day, I signed up for the dive trips for Apo Island. Boat ride started at 8am sharp. Wake up at 630am to have breakfast and have equipment ready to be loaded on the boat. Again water was choppy but it got better when we got nearer to Apo. First site was Cogon (a variety of grass) that grew directly adjacent to the site. Max depth again was set at 22m and dive time to 55-60mins. Expect some current and a lot of tunas! Well we had a lot a Trevalis of about 18-24in long. We also saw a couple of morays, lush coral garden and some nudi branch… on the Second dive we went to Kan-uran East… Here we saw our first turtle. Since most of Apo Island is a sanctuary, the whole reef just seem so alive! I really need to practice on that wide angle shot. I just couldn’t take good shots of the tunas… =( Although happy with the dives for the day, I wasn’t too pleased with the photos I took. When I got back to the resort, I signed up for the Mandarin dive at the Atlantis resort house reef. Rules are very strict. We had to be out of the water no later than 6pm or we would pay a very high penalty for an un scheduled night dive. Dive time again was set for 60mins and max depth of 18m. Atlantis has a grassy area, coral area, a pineapple shaped pinnacle in the middle and an artificial reef area made of old tires. On this dive we immediately saw seahorses on the grassy area as soon as we descended… then heading to the pinnacle where there were a lot of lion fish and my first grey and red frog fish… What’s good about it was there were 2 frog fish right beside each other!!! I couldn’t just stop clicking away! At this point our guide Peter was wagging the flash light to call my attention to proceed to the Mandarin fish area. After 2 mins of looking, the Mandarin fish started coming out. Well, not really out out… They are still very shy fish. After taking some futile shots, I gave up. I couldn’t get a good angle on them and there was another dive group waiting for a chance to see the fish too. With my 2 frogfish sitting next to each other, I was happy even though I didn’t get a good shot of the Mandarin fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom