Davao diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

expected stupidity of local divers?! i dont think i can be happy with that. kindly explain please.

Foreign tourists divers opinions of solo diving to 60 meters.

Not very good to experience this while on vacation in Davao for sports diving. The wife of the experienced German dive tourist is a PADI OW student.

Can't blame them really ....

i've shared a boat with these spear fishers a few times while diving in davao. diving on twin tanks on air and going down to 200 ft. i have to say, what they do is risky and i was seriously thinking of giving it a try one time.

the do seem like an experienced group, and they do it quite regularly. my sympathies to the diver's family, and maybe this will drive the local shops to enforce safety standards. (which in my opinion is sorely lacking over there)

Can't blame them really ....
yep. An expected German dive tourist thing to say. :wink: :)

But yeah, definitely risky and I'd hate to see a situation like that during my OW class. Having browsed spearfishing forums I was surprised at how often some scuba spearfishers (from all over the world) do go solo deep. Thanks for the update.

Condolences to the family.

i've heard of this news... and i met the guy i think 3 times already......

condolences to the family..

Solo diving? Spear fishing on SCUBA? Deep diving on air? Ok, what else could be wrong with this picture?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom