Debby Diver's Delightful Dive at Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
With the seas forecasted to be too sporty for beach diving later this week, I decided to head to Phil Foster Park in Riviera Beach to dive the magnificent Blue Heron Bridge on Friday morning, November 6.

Here is an informative website about diving BHB.

Note that the tide tables on that page are for 2008. 2009 Tide Tables are here.
Friday's high tide is at 10:42 a.m. This means we need to be IN THE WATER by 10:22. Please plan to arrive at the bridge NO later than 10 a.m. A flag/float is an absolute MUST per buddy team...marine patrol WILL ticket if you don't have it. It's somewhat dark under the bridge, so bring your u/w light with fresh batteries in order to spot the awesome critters.

You really want to do this on a Friday because the FREE parking is impossible on weekends. I hope you'll join me for this incredibly fascinating macro dive. Bring your camera if you have one. Note that this is a no-take zone so leave your lobster gear and speargun at home.

So, where is Blue Heron Bridge? Here is an interactive map.

I live in S.E. Dania Beach and I'm willing to take two divers up with me if you can be in my driveway by 9 a.m. BHB is 59 miles, or one hour, from my house.

I'm easy to find, look for a silver Honda CR-V with a kayak rack on the roof, a bicycle rack on the spare, a dive flag front plate and Florida tag DBDVR (of course!)

If you've not dived BHB yet, and if you are free on Friday morning, this is a "must dive"!

Thanks for the great info on BHB, Debby.
Wish i could join you there Fri, but we're out of the area, back home to Chicago by then.
Hope to catch up with you next time around!

Cool! Have a safe trip home.

Sorry Debby! Wish I could but I am on a diving hiatus. I had an appendectomy and I can't dive for about 2 more weeks. Maybe next time! Have fun! :)

Oh no! That stinks. Well, I hope your recover is going very well!

Darn, Debby, you know I would be there if I was in town...any excuse to dive with you.

Safe dives, sweetie!

Sam, we will dive it when you are down here! :wink:

Thanks for the great info. I'm in Naples Nov. 15-22nd and would be interested in getting a dive in there sometime if anyone is able. I've not done the bridge and would love to aim my macro lens in that direction. I'd like to head to Lauderdale for a quick stop at Reef Photo and then head to dive BHB. If anyone can sneak away sometime that week let me know. My wife can't dive this trip so I'm in desperate need of a buddy.

Thanks,

Andy

I might be available the 20th or 22nd but it's too early to commit. I recommend you start your own thread...you are bound to meet some of the kewl locals! And your own thread would remind me to join you (I prefer to boat or beach dive on Fridays and Sundays, my days off, but I'll do BHB when the seas are rough).

Boo hoo hoo. Cancelled due to bacteria in the water. Ewwwww. Thankfully I only had to drive halfway up there because one of my dive buds got there early and called me. Will do it again soon, I promise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom