Debby Diver's Delightful Dive at Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boo hoo hoo. Cancelled due to bacteria in the water. Ewwwww. Thankfully I only had to drive halfway up there because one of my dive buds got there early and called me. Will do it again soon, I promise.

Holy crap, Debby, bacteria??? Is it from the construction?

I'd rather have ya bacteria-free and not diving than the reverse!

I don't know, Sam. Another buddy who did not answer his cell phone this morning drove all the way up there...and got a website where we can check on conditions in the future. I'll post it once he sends it to me, after he gets home from his drive for nothing, lol.

Construction still hasn't started. I'm guessing @ 2015 or so...... :)

Because of where it sits, it's not unheard of for the park to close to bathers due to bacteria levels. It's been a long time, though. It's been pretty windy rainy and snotty here this week, so that could have mucked stuff up too, I suppose.

I don't know, Sam. Another buddy who did not answer his cell phone this morning drove all the way up there...and got a website where we can check on conditions in the future. I'll post it once he sends it to me, after he gets home from his drive for nothing, lol.
Good thing you didn't head out.

Construction still hasn't started. I'm guessing @ 2015 or so...... :)

Because of where it sits, it's not unheard of for the park to close to bathers due to bacteria levels. It's been a long time, though. It's been pretty windy rainy and snotty here this week, so that could have mucked stuff up too, I suppose.

Thanks, I'm really not familiar with BHB other than hearing all the So Fl SBers dive there so I wanna give it a whirl when I'm down there one of these days.

We dove the bridge on the 6th along with about 15 other folks in various groups. We heard at Force E that the beach was red flagged--the lifeguard did not stop divers going outside the guarded area--viz was waaay short though, about 3-4 ft and most everyone got out soonish. We dove the East site. The next day I talked with a guy who had been on the West site and he said they found about 10 ft of viz--so I guess I will check in the future. Some of the folks getting out were on that side (West) though they hadn't gone far.

I looked at the Clean Florida Beaches website after getting home and it showed bacteria--later it showed a test from the 5th indicating Phil Foster Park was OK--The lifeguard had not been informed as of the 6th and the new info did not appear on the website until the 7th.

We still saw some Snook and the usual macro critters, Arrowcrabs, Peppermint Shrimp, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom