December diving in Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are conditions like now?

I dove this past weekend, and the temps were 77-81, vis was 50'-60' mostly, but on one dive it was only about 30.' We moved to a different area and the vis was better again. This time of year it can vary greatly day to day or even dive to dive.

Lately we've seen a whale shark, a manta ray, still a lot of GG's in the area, turtles, and sharks. I think a diver gave this town its name, because the diving in Jupiter IS out of this world!! :D

I have the White's version of the DUI 30/30. I found that dealing with ankle seals was a PITA. It is a great suit, but I wouldn't switch from my drysuit with attached feet.

I have the White's version of the DUI 30/30. I found that dealing with ankle seals was a PITA. It is a great suit, but I wouldn't switch from my drysuit with attached feet.

Will investigate. Thanks! Last winter was a tad cool for here as you know...:shocked2:

I hear the lemon sharks may come early this year in Jupiter. The Goliath Groupers did come early. In fact I am diving tomorrow looking for the elusive lemon sharks. So far I have had good luck diving with Randy Jordan in Jupiter looking for sharks to video. Those divers spear fish. Thus, sharks are common on almost every dive.

Diego

Randy posted on Spearboard recently that he is starting to see the lemons. Dove Jupiter today, Jupitermermaid was there...water was 77-78, vis was variable, I'd say 40-50 on the first dive and 30-40 on the second...saw 4 reef sharks (2 on each dive)

Dove Jupiter yesterday with Randy Jordan on Emerld Dive Charters. Water was beautiful. Top to bottom viz. We got lots of lobsters. I got five even though I was doing video as well. Great diving!

Dove with JDC yesterday afternoon. Saw several Lemons on Tunnels on our second dive, as well as reefers and nurse sharks. It was a great day for diving.

I dove in Jupiter on Tuesday and the conditions we're excellent. Great viz, 78 degree bottom temp and flat seas. Great dives, plenty of marine life. Dive with Jupiter Dive Center. Jerry runs a top notch operation there. His boats leave from the back of the shop, there's plenty of parking and the staff is very helpful. Also, unlike the green charter boat that operates in the Jupiter area, JDCs boats always send a divemaster out with the group. A lot of divers like that warm cozy feel. If you're interested Jerry has another shop in Pompano Beach (Pompano Dive Center) and it is also a top notch operation less than an hour drive south of Jupiter. The diving in Pompano is a little shallower but there are some fine wrecks and reefs down there as well and the marine life is also abundant. I dove there on Monday. Good luck.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom