Deciding between Oceanic Geo 2.0 and Suunto D4i Novo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One issue with SB is that it's very US-centric and much of advise here is based on US pricing and availability. Are there like dive clubs or other dive shops where you are?

FWIW I've sent and brought stuff to friends and family overseas plenty of times. Some things you just can't get elsewhere.

Yes there are dive clubs and dive shops here but they all do not have the Geo 2.0 in stock at the moment. The closest I could get one from is Singapore, they do have it in stock and I'm still considering whether to get it from there or LP. If I were to get it from SG, it would cost me ~$60 more than if I were to get it from LP (including the cable), plus I'd still have to pay extra for either shipping cost (~$35) or return flight tickets (~$50). The pros... well, I can get it before my next dive trip for sure, and if I were to fly there, it will definitely be safer than to have it shipped - either from US or SG. Cons, the cost and the time I might need to take if I were to fly there and back, or the risk of having it stolen if it were shipped.

So since the risk of losing it during transit is the same... I'd need to fly there to be safe.

But then again... I've been checking out a lot of things on LP and now I'm also thinking of getting the B2 color kit since my LDS doesn't have that either. :D

My Aladdin Prime came with a laminated card with the menus and buttons for quick reference.

I don't think my Geo2 came with one, but I did made some. attached is a PDF with my home-made version. It is trimmed down and customized, and does not necessarily reflect every permutation. Sometimes I use it to lookup a specific menu item, other times I use it to refresh my memory after an absence from diving.

Wow gr8jab, that is a really awesome flowchart you made! I'm sure this will be very useful for me when I get mine - thanks a lot for sharing this! :)

Last edited:
Yes there are dive clubs and dive shops here but they all do not have the Geo 2.0 in stock at the moment.

No, I meant, you if could talk to people there who know what's available locally or where they get stuff from. Shops of course have a vested interest in making a sale, so clubs should be a more objective source of info, but OTOH you never know: a shop might offer you a super deal.

You asked so it's not a shameless plug for our shop: Kim and I purchased at our shop diveseekers.com.

You asked so I guess it's not a shameless plug for our shop: Kim and I purchased at our shop diveseekers.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom